From Textbooks to Tests, Educational Publishers Remain Upbeat About Growth for Rest of 2003
- Pearson, Harcourt Encouraged by Q1 Response to K-12 Textbooks; McGraw-Hill Touts 6-12. // Educational Marketer;5/1/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 13, p1
The article reports that Pearson Education Inc. and Harcourt's parent company Reed Elsevier PLC were encouraged by sales in the seasonally slow 2006 first quarter. McGraw-Hill Cos. Inc. encountered a soft K-5 segment and cautious buying patterns in Florida and California. It was found that the...
- Pearson Education Looks Within to Beat McGraw-Hill. // District Administration;Oct2001, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p8
Reports the competition between educational publications Pearson Education and McGraw-Hill in the United States. Creation of a separate senior executive position to oversee efficiency at Pearson; Plans to create an international K-6 reading series; Appointment of executives Peter Jovanovich and...
- Publishers Find Mixed Results in K-12 Sales in the First Six Months of 2006, Gains in College Market. // Educational Marketer;8/7/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 22, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of educational publishers in the U.S. in the first six months of 2006. Among the largest educational publishers to announce first-half financial results, Pearson Education Inc. is the pace-setter. Harold McGraw III, president and CEO of...
- Q1 Indicates Positive Outlook for Rest of the Year. // Educational Marketer;5/14/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p6
The article reports on the economic outlook of educational publishers Pearson Education Inc. and Reed Elsevier PLC (RE) in London, England for the rest of 2007. Pearson and RE were inspired by favorable sales trends and continued to be encouraged about the year in education. Pearson expects an...
- Recent McGraw-Hill Divestiture Could Be First Of Many. // Educational Marketer;01/03/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p5
Deals with McGraw-Hill's sale of digital printing centers to New Jersey-based Cunningham Graphics International.
- McGraw-Hill Beats Expectations for 2002; Education Revenue Grew 1.5%. // Electronic Education Report;2/14/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p6
Reports that educational publisher McGraw-Hill Co. beat industry expectations for its 2002 fourth-quarter revenue.
- Publishers Turn in Mixed Results in H1. // Educational Marketer;8/6/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 15, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of textbook publishers in the first quarter of 2007. Accordingly, among the major publishers who posted a positive growth are McGraw-Hill Education and Pearson Education Inc., which generated revenue of $979 million and $1.88 billion,...
- California Reading Adoption: Houghton Is Popular, But More Sales for All Are Still to Come. // Educational Marketer;10/14/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 29, p1
Reports on Houghton Mifflin and McGraw-Hill's sales performance in the California K-8 reading adoption as of October 14, 2002.
- What's in a Name? McGraw-Hill Decides to Revisit its Branding. // Educational Marketer;11/18/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p2
Focuses on the red and white logo of U.S. educational publisher McGraw-Hill.