Texas, California and Florida Budget Dilemmas: Caught Between Not Very Good and Worse
- News Briefs... // Educational Marketer;12/13/99, Vol. 30 Issue 35, p8
Presents news briefs related to educational publishing industry in the United States as of December 1999.
- GREEN. Ferenc, Jeff // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;May2008, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p5
The author reflects on the speech delivered by Rick Fedrizzi, president and founding chairman of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), during the 10th Global Engineering Conference in April 2008 in the U.S. He stated that Fedrizzi has noted the progress in several buildings by becoming a...
- Summer's Gone and So Is Industry's Hopes Of Salvaging a Sales Year on the Plus Side. // Educational Marketer;10/7/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 28, p1
Reports on year-to-date sales of textbooks in the United States through August 2002.
- After Strong First Half, K-12 Textbook Sales Slow Down in July. // Educational Marketer;9/22/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 27, p3
Provides information on the decline of K-12 textbooks sales in July 2003 after a strong first half in the U.S. Belief of Harold McGraw III, chairman, president and chief executive officer of McGraw-Hill Cos., that K-12 textbook and supplemental materials sales to adoption states in 2003 will...
- Adoption Sales Salvage Textbooks, Supplementals up in Open Terrs. // Educational Marketer;12/8/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 35, p7
Reports on the increasing sales of basal textbook programs in adoption states in the U.S. Escalation of sales in elementary and high school markets; Improvement of revenue; Growth of the market share among supplemental publishers.
- What Do We Teach, and When Do We Teach It? Muther, Connie // Educational Leadership;Sep87, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p77
Argues that the sequencing and spiraling of skills desired by educators result in repetition of text and boredom. Text repetition in tables of contents of four high school language composition texts; Effect of such repetition of texts on the progression of skills; Factors contributing to such...
- Textbook Cases. Ravitch, Diane // New England Review (10531297);Spring2003, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p150
This article explores the significance of censorship in textbook publishing. Need for publishers to avoid the taboo of regional, religious, racial, ethnic, or economic groups; Reasons why publishers have cut selections in literary anthologies; Study of censorship in high school literary...
- Florida Prepares for K-12 Math Textbook Adoption. // Educational Marketer;1/18/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on the expectation that K-12 math textbook adoption will be one of the largest sales in 2010 for publishers in Florida.
- No Budget, but Kentucky Picks 2003 Math Books. // Educational Marketer;10/7/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 28, p3
Reports on the Kentucky Textbook Commission's adoption of 43 basal programs published by eight U.S. companies for K-8 students.