Conservatives' Complaint Says Helms Boycott Broke Federal Law
- CANADA. // Advocate;6/19/90, Issue 553, p28
Reports on the Vancouver Persons With AIDS Society's call for a boycott of the restaurant chain White Spot, and many Kentucky Fried Chicken outlets in British Columbia that are owned by White Spot.
- Boycott hits back at suburb's gay bar purge. // Advocate;10/23/74, Issue 149, p5
Reports on the double boycott to be staged by gay activists of the organization United Gays for Equal Treatment in Garden Grove, California, as of October 23, 1974 following refusal of Garden Grove Denny's restaurant to serve gays. Boycott of business within the city; Plans of the gay...
- Groups protest for and against Chick-fil-A. Wasserman, Melissa // Windy City Times;8/15/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p9
The article reports on the boycott staged by gay activists in Chicago, Illinois after Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy issued statements against same-sex marriage and donations towards anti-gay organizations.
- Sue, sue, sue. // Advocate;10/15/96, Issue 718, p16
Focuses on the gay activists' boycott of River City Distributing in Louisville, Kentucky, distributors of Miller beer, which is owned by David and Donna Shedd. Reason for boycott; Information on the lawsuit filed against several gay groups and businesses who supported boycott by the Shedds;...
- Yes, Virginia, there is a boycott. // Advocate;7/20/2004-8/3/2004, Issue 919, p16
After Colorado passed its now-defunct anti-gay Amendment 2 in 1992, a boycott by gay activists resulted in an estimated$ 40 million loss of revenue to the state. Now Seattle couple Jay Porter and David Smith are hoping to repeat that success with a boycott of Virginia, where state lawmakers in...
- Bar pickets charge discrimination. // Advocate;4/11/73, Issue 109, p24
Reports that the Gay Activists Alliance of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, staged demonstrations and a boycott of The Steps to protest against the gay bar's alleged discrimination of Blacks, women and drag queens in 1973.
- Hillsborough's gay dollars. // Advocate;9/27/2005, Issue 947, p28
This article reports on a boycott of tourism that happened in Tampa Bay, Florida in September 2005 that was caused by the vote made by the commission of Hillsborough County to ban the use of public money for gay pride displays. Now, gay right activists want to protect those who support them....
- 5 Boycotts that Lacked Bite. Shackford, Scott // Hit & Run;8/12/2012, p2
The article focuses on failed boycotts in the U.S., particularly the boycott against Chick-fil-A launched by gay activists. It provides an overview of the Christian roots of the food chain. It discusses how the boycott originated in line with the donation of Chick-fil-A to Christian...
- Tatchell fears for life. Galliano, Joseph; Heaney, Joe // Gay Times (09506101);Nov2004, Issue 314, p64
Reports on the death threats received by gay activist Peter Tatchell of the group OutRage! Action taken by the Metropolitan Police regarding the death threats; Information on the worldwide boycott of Jamaican musicians whose lyrics incite violence against gays; Information on a round table...