A time for devotion
- Vatican guidelines hit. // Christian Century;5/13/87, Vol. 104 Issue 16, p465
Discusses the battle of Richard McBrien, head of the theology department at Notre Dame, with the Vatican's proposals for more conformity to traditional church doctrinal teachings at Catholic colleges and universities.
- Banned in Trenton. // Commonweal;4/8/94, Vol. 121 Issue 7, p4
Reports on Bishop John Reiss of Trenton, New Jersey's decision to forbid the Pastor of Saint Anselm's in Wayside to allow the Reverend Richard McBrien from addressing the 1994 annual meeting of New Jersey Pax Christi in the parish center. Rationale; Implications to freedom of discussion within...
- Paper drops McBrien column. Malcolm, Teresa // National Catholic Reporter;09/20/96, Vol. 32 Issue 40, p6
Reports on `The Catholic Transcript' newspaper's plan to drop Father Richard McBrien's column. McBrien's criticism of the way he was served the dismissal notice by the newspaper.
- Private devotions. // National Catholic Reporter;5/2/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 26, p16
Comments on the theological philosophy of Father Richard P. McBrien in the U.S. Views about waning devotions; Signs of liturgical health; Changes in the eucharistic meal.
- Bishops move on McBrien's Catholicism. Fox, Tom // National Catholic Reporter;4/19/96, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p5
Reports that the United States bishop's Secretariat for Doctrine and Pastoral Practices cautioned against the use of Father Richard P. McBrien's book `Catholicism' as an introductory text on Catholic theology. Comments of professor Sandra Schneiders on the book; Problem areas named by the...
- INSIDE NCR. Roberts, Tom // National Catholic Reporter;8/16/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 36, p2
Presents an insight to the articles published in the August 16, 2002 issue of the 'National Catholic Reporter.' Contributions of president of Catholic Charities U.S., J. Bryan Hehir, towards war and peace; Invitation for readers to share favorite book of the year; Archives of theologian Richard...
- Bishops take aim at McBrien's Catholicism. Schaeffer, Pamela // National Catholic Reporter;4/12/96, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p3
Reports on the plans of the United States bishops's Committee on Doctrine to bar Father Richard P. McBrien's book called `Catholicism' from college and seminary courses and formation programs for adults and deacons. Offering of a negative assessment of the book's use by nonspecialists; Concerns...
- McBrien's not the issue as bishops confuse laity. Greeley, Andrew // National Catholic Reporter;6/14/96, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p21
Opinion. Presents an open letter on Bishop Daniel Pilarczyk's accusations that Professor Richard McBrien's book `Catholicism' will confuse many Catholic laity. Worthlessness of the statements made by Pilarczyk; Author's absence of respect for American bishops.
- Catholicism. // Commonweal;5/3/96, Vol. 123 Issue 9, p6
Comments on episcopal criticisms of the book `Catholicism,' by Reverend Richard P. McBrien. Overview of Catholic teaching.