- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Williamson, Richard; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/22/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31619, p27
Presents developments related to bond market in the U.S. as of April 22, 2003. Plans of Colorado-based Saint Vrain Valley School District to cut down the next year's budget; Efforts of transportation officials in north Texas to fund toll roads in the south; Security of federal funds of Oklahoma...
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;11/14/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31513, p31
Presents several news related to bond market in the U.S. as of November 14, 2002. Budget deficit faced by Republican Governor-elect Sonny Perdue of Georgia; Assignment of rating to Northern Kentucky Water District's refunding revenue bonds by Moody's Investors Service; Virginia's rank in using...
- NYC Spreads Seen as Safe. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;1/31/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31564, p1
Reports on the status of U.S. municipal markets in the wake of uncertainties surrounding New York City 2004 budget. Increase in the interest-rate spreads on maturities; Reasons behind the rise in yields on city bonds trading in the secondary markets; Impact of the state budget on the fiscal...
- Far West bond-watch. Marois, Michael B.; Figler, Andrea; Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;06/18/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30665, p35
Presents news relevant to bond markets in the western states of the United States as of June 18, 1999. Includes the general fund spending budget passed by the state assembly in California; Republican lawmakers' budget plan in Oregon.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Sigo, Shelly; Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;5/23/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31642, p2
Presents news items related to the U.S. bond market as of May 23, 2003. Rise in applications for unemployment benefits in the week that ended on May 17, 2003; Delay in approval of a budget by the Florida Legislature; Possibility of Greenwich, Connecticut-based Boys and Girls Club's emergence in...
- Shortfalls Shouldn't Curb Demand for West Virginia Paper. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;12/4/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31774, p30
Reports that West Virginia is facing a budget shortfall in 2003 and 2004, but analysts are predicting that the demand for state debt issuance, including a lottery bond sale, will remain strong. High market demand for West Virginia bonds due to the state's relatively low amount of issuance;...
- Few Surprises, Some News for Muni Market in Budget. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;04/10/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31115, p1
Reports on the effects of the proposed 2002 budget on the bond market in the United States. Tax-related bond items in the budget; Creation of the school construction bond program.
- Bond Buyers Benefitting From State Budget Crisis. Berry, Kate // San Diego Business Journal;7/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p19
Reports on the impact of the unresolved budget deficit in California. Collection of higher taxes to the taxpayers; Increase in the yields of general obligation bonds in the state; Reduction in state services spending.
- Governing on the 'Net. // State Government News;Apr97, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p17
Focuses on the Kentucky Long-Term Policy Research Center's creation of a `$5.8 Billion and Change' Internet game to educate the public about the long-term economic and social factors that affect Kentucky's budget. Details of the game; Target market for the game.