Washington Governor Ready to OK $4.2B Transportation Plan
- Washington Governor Scales Back Transportation Plan, But Criticism Lingers. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;12/14/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31285, p6
Reports on a multi-billion dollar transportation proposal unveiled by Washington Governor Gary Locke. Date of introduction of the proposal in the legislative session; Need of bipartisan effort in making the proposal a legislation.
- Wash. Gov Locke vetoes food-code upgrade bill. // Nation's Restaurant News;4/29/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 17, p62
Reports on the disapproval of governor Garry Locke to the food compliance regulation in Olympia, Washington.
- Washington Road Rage: Transportation Budget Battle Looms. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;04/27/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31127, p36
Focuses on the dispute between Washington Governor Gary Locke and state lawmakers over a transportation package, a portion of which would be financed by bonds. Details regarding Locke's proposed financing option for the transportation package; Claims and contentions of supporters and opponents...
- WASHINGTON STATE TO STUDY ELECTRONICS RECYCLING. // BioCycle;May2004, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p20
Reports on the approval of the House Bill 2488 by Governor Gary Locke in Washington. Features of the bill; Significance of the bill; Impact of the bill on electronic product manufacturers.
- Washington Governor Wants to Fix Traffic With $9.4B Plan. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;05/04/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31132, p39
Reports on the unveiling of Washington Governor Gary Locke's 10-year transportation plan. Proposed property tax hike; Efforts to relieve congestion throughout the state; Proposed use of state taxes, federal funds, and borrowed money to build up the transportation system.
- Washington Locke Won't Run Again for Governor. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/22/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31682, p4
Reports on plans of Washington governor Gary Locke, to not to contest gubernatorial election for a third time. Reasons cited by him for his decision; Information on his previous two elections; Locke's contribution as state governor.
- Locke support Riverpoint building. // Journal of Business (10756124);3/25/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 7, pA2
Reports on the efforts of Governor Gary Locke to provide financial assistance to the construction of the academic center of the Washington State University in Spokane.
- Locke's latest Washington road show: $350 million of new debt. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;02/18/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30832, p3
Reports on Washington State Governor Gary Locke's proposal to finance transportation projects in the state. Revenue sources proposed for securing bonds; Current funding of the state's transportation projects; Legislation competing with Locke's plan.
- Lead or get run over on state transport plan. // Journal of Business (10756124);05/31/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 12, pA4
Editorial. Comments on the transportation-spending proposal of Governor Gary Locke in Washington. Complaints of the taxpayers on excise tax; Development of strategies for the transportation plan; Effects of the proposal on the transportation projects in Spokane County.