Georgia Passes $16B Plan, but Governor Wary
- Ga. Budget Cuts Go into Effect. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31278, p2
Reports on a reduction in Georgia's $15 billion of fiscal budget 2002. Plans of the state's officials to sell grant anticipation revenue vehicle bonds; Amount of reduction in budget of various programs and services.
- State Journal. Jacobson, Linda // Education Week;5/1/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 33, p18
Reports termination of the state education budget in Georgia. Campaign on the parents against the abolishment of the program;; Progress in acquiring a foreign language; Visit to the capitol and delivery of origami basket to legislators.
- You Know It's Bad When a Republican Asks for Tax Hikes. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31584, SOUTH EAST p58
Reports on public finance conditions of Georgia as of March 3, 2003. Proposals of the state's governor Sonny Perdue's budget for fiscal 2004; Need to raise taxes; Ratings of the state.
- Up in the Air. Young, Ben // Georgia Trend;Feb2016, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p45
The article reports on legislative developments in the U.S. state of Georgia as of February 2016. Topics include domination of House Bill 170, a transportation funding package, during the 2015 session, the expected ongoing fights over guns, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues and...
- Get on the Bus. Young, Ben // Georgia Trend;Feb2016, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p90
The author talks about the U.S. state of Georgia's funding for 2016. Topics include the 466 million needed by the state's public school systems to provide a quality education to students, the cost of transporting students to and from school borne by school systems, and why the charterization...
- Gov. Davis Proposes Tax Increases to Close California Budget Gap. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/13/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31551, p36
Reports that California governor Gray Davis has proposed for raising taxes in the state's budget. Possible benefits of the rise in taxes; Other proposals by the governor for the budget; Need for the budget's approval.
- Nebraska Lawmakers Hike Taxes, Reject Governor's Cuts. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/15/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31365, p4
Reports the preference of legislature of tax increases over spending cuts to balance fiscal 2002ï¿½2003 budget in Nebraska. Percentage increase of the individual income tax; Repeal of the 1999 tax reduction; Lack of funds to meet a mandatory three surplus.
- The interim on financial instruments still a niggle. // Accountancy;Feb1998, Vol. 121 Issue 1254, p9
Reports on Great Britain's Inland Revenue, Department of Treasury, and the Customs and Excise Department's publication of a joint code of practice on budget consultations. Government's intention to consult on tax policy matters.
- Casinos hint at job growth woes. Sodoma, Brian // Las Vegas Business Press;7/28/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p1
Reports on the reaction of local gaming officials and tax experts on the budget passed by the Nevada Legislature in 2003. Increase on the tax imposed on the gross gaming revenues of gaming operators; Scope of the tax component of the budget; Elimination of burdensome business taxes.