DVD-RAM RW ASMO MMVF: The many faces of high-density rewritable optical
- Laser tags take a hit. Glitz, Michael // Entertainment Weekly;02/06/98, Issue 417, p66
Discusses the decline in the market for laser discs since the debut of digital video discs. The decline in the prices for laser discs; Prices for DVDs.
- DVD PLAYERS. // Consumer Reports Buying Guide;2001, p39
Provides information on digital video disc players, including the price range of the models, key features and buying tips.
- DVD Camcorder Ace. Montgomery, Mark // Videomaker;Nov2005, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p14
The article evaluates the DZ-GX20A DVD Camcorder from Hitachi and offers information on its features, flaws and price.
- HD DVD Ahead Slightly in HD Race in Europe. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;1/7/2007, p14
The article presents information on an IPSOS survey conducted for the HD DVD Promotion Group which reveals that 65% of respondents are familiar with next generation high definition format, high definition DVD compared to 35% for its rival format Blu-ray Disc. The survey was conducted in France,...
- The other multimedia: Laserdisc and DVD. Farmer, Lesley S.J. // Technology Connection;Apr98, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p29
Explores educational uses of laserdiscs and digital video discs (DVDs). Advantages and disadvantages of laserdiscs; Features of DVDs; Examples of learning experiences using laserdiscs; Important features to look for when shopping for DVDs for use in the classroom.
- DVD Web Sites Make Next-Gen Demands. Wolf, Jessica // Home Media Retailing;10/23/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p30
Reports on the position of the HD Disc Consumer Advocacy Alliance regarding the possible implication of the competition between HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc formats for next-generation disc formats in the U.S. as of October 2005. Participants of the alliance; Demands made by the group regarding the...
- Store-Bought CD Label Quality--in the Office. Varughese, Julie A. // University Business;Jul2005, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p69
Introduces the LightScribe CD and DVD burner from Toshiba.
- BRIGHT AND BLUE. Kooser, Amanda C. // Entrepreneur;May2005, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p52
Introduces the Blu-ray DVD. Data capacity; Design of the technology as a replacement for the more familiar DVD formats; Suitability of the technology as an option for entrepreneurs working with multimedia files.
- Whither Optical (and for how long?). Scott, Jack // AIIM E-DOC;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p18
The article focuses on the whither optical recording technology. Optical recording technologies offer removability and longer storage life (30-50 years) but because they are relatively slow and expensive they never caught on for large-scale enterprise digital storage. This has given optical two...