What fresh hell is Divx?
- Digital video discs. // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p14
Reports on the significance of the first sales of Japanese-made digital video discs in November 1996.
- Video-conversion techniques ensure a sharper image. Intihar, Bruce // EDN;03/13/98, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p97
Looks at various digital video-conversion techniques in relation to the image quality, with reference to deinterlacing techniques. Indepth look at digital video; Benefits of interlacing; Details on video-processing techniques; Problems related to interlaced videos. INSETS: Interlaced video vs...
- Update on digital video production. // Seybold Report on Desktop Publishing;7/17/95, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p39
Reports on developments related to digital video production in the United States as of July 17, 1995. Includes Radius' video editing program; ImMix development of digital video products; Data Translation's Media 100 video-editing system.
- Industry digitalisation, and Digital-S. Walton, Dave // TVB Europe;Apr97, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p43
Focuses on the issues associated with the move towards digital videos. Challenges facing analog equipment users with the transition to digital; Digital videotape formats; Determination of the resolution of digital recording by sampling.
- Toshiba gives DVD players to libraries. // T H E Journal;Apr98, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p8
Reports on Toshiba America Consumer Products' plan to sponsor a `DVD Community' initiative to bring Digital Video Disc players and movies to public libraries across the United States. Equipment participating libraries will receive; Contact information.
- Tuning video for CD-ROM. Schwarzbach, Robert; Mott, Harry // Computer Artist;Apr/May95, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p41
Discusses techniques in making a CD-ROM-based QuickTime video. Nonstandard aspect ratios; Video editing; Using the DeBabelizer translator; MovieShop application; Mesh Warp filter; Cinepak compression settings.
- The delay of DVD. Parker, Dana J. // CD-ROM Professional;Oct96, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p11
Focuses on the delay in digital video disc (DVD) product delivery. Discussions of a copy protection solution; Regional codes for DVD players and discs; Licensing of patented technology owned by the ten Consortium companies.
- Other DVD news: DVD-R, manufacturing, development, titles. Parker, Dana J. // CD-ROM Professional;Oct96, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p18
Presents digital video disc (DVD)-related news items for October 1996. Includes DVD-recordable media; Compressing the DVD market.
- Training and education. // Lightwave;3/15/96, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p195
Presents a buyer's guide to training and education companies on high-end video systems. Type; Basics; Design; Maintenance; Troubleshooting; Contact information.
- Try, try again. // Electronic News (10616624);7/19/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1972, p4
Reports on Digital Video Broadcasting's expectations on the signing of its memorandum of understanding and start high-definition television initiative. Plan to present the work to the European Community Commission.