Sanyo-Verbatim introduces DVD replication services
- Replicators go full-service to meet perceived demand for distribution. // CD-ROM Professional;May96, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p16
Reports that Warner Media and Sanyo-Verbatim CD Co. are expanding and refocusing their efforts for full-service replication, packaging and distribution outfits. Efforts to meet the perceived demand for digital videodisc (DVD) distribution.
- Sanyo-Verbatim Announces New Name and Ownership. // EMedia Magazine;Apr2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p15
Focuses on the decision of Sanyo-Verbatim CD Co. to change its name to Sanyo Laser Products Inc. Indication of the change; Goals of the company.
- 2-year-old indie drives a hard bargain. Morris, Chris // Billboard;9/2/95, Vol. 107 Issue 35, p71
Reports on Drive Entertainment's allegiances with investment banking firm Communication Equity Associates and software manufacturer Sanyo-Verbatim CD Co. LLC. Comment from Drive chief executive officer Stephen Powers; Drive's offer of children's music and video products.
- Digital video discs. // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p14
Reports on the significance of the first sales of Japanese-made digital video discs in November 1996.
- Video-conversion techniques ensure a sharper image. Intihar, Bruce // EDN;03/13/98, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p97
Looks at various digital video-conversion techniques in relation to the image quality, with reference to deinterlacing techniques. Indepth look at digital video; Benefits of interlacing; Details on video-processing techniques; Problems related to interlaced videos. INSETS: Interlaced video vs...
- Update on digital video production. // Seybold Report on Desktop Publishing;7/17/95, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p39
Reports on developments related to digital video production in the United States as of July 17, 1995. Includes Radius' video editing program; ImMix development of digital video products; Data Translation's Media 100 video-editing system.
- Industry digitalisation, and Digital-S. Walton, Dave // TVB Europe;Apr97, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p43
Focuses on the issues associated with the move towards digital videos. Challenges facing analog equipment users with the transition to digital; Digital videotape formats; Determination of the resolution of digital recording by sampling.
- Toshiba gives DVD players to libraries. // T H E Journal;Apr98, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p8
Reports on Toshiba America Consumer Products' plan to sponsor a `DVD Community' initiative to bring Digital Video Disc players and movies to public libraries across the United States. Equipment participating libraries will receive; Contact information.
- Tuning video for CD-ROM. Schwarzbach, Robert; Mott, Harry // Computer Artist;Apr/May95, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p41
Discusses techniques in making a CD-ROM-based QuickTime video. Nonstandard aspect ratios; Video editing; Using the DeBabelizer translator; MovieShop application; Mesh Warp filter; Cinepak compression settings.