WW CD/DVD-ROM unit marketshare
- Losses rack dive market. Schroeder, Erica // PC Week;11/8/93, Vol. 10 Issue 44, p159
Reports on quarterly sales losses of hard-drive makers. Efforts to cope through diversifying or moving into new drive markets; Statistics on sales and earnings of the top five hard-drive manufacturers; Seagate Technology Inc. as the sole profit maker for the third quarter of 1993.
- Computer trends. Hastings, John // Westchester County Business Journal;10/14/96, Vol. 35 Issue 42, p45
Reports on developments related to the data disk drives industry in the United States. Projected demise of floppy disks; Proposed successor to the floppy disk.
- WHO'S UP--AND WHO'S DOWN--IN THE DISK DRIVE WARS. Rogers, Alison // Fortune;12/27/1993, Vol. 128 Issue 16, p12
Looks at the disc drive industry and discusses the prospects of the larger companies. 12% decrease in prices every quarter; Life span of a product; Conner Peripherals; Maxtor; Quantum; Seagate Technology; Western Digital; Micropolis; Details.
- Profit margins, gear shake-out reshape disk drive industry. MacLellan, Andrew // Electronic News (10616624);3/4/96, Vol. 42 Issue 2106, p8
Reports on the impact of rising profit margins and a shake-out of equipment manufacturers on the disk drive industry in the United States. Series of mergers and acquisitions in the industry; Increase in demand for operating systems and applications.
- Hard times for disk drives. Fasca, Chad // Electronic News;01/19/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2202, p4
Focuses on the effect of the turmoil in the hard disk drive industry on various data storage makers in the United States. Restructuring of Seagate; Decline of the expected earning of Quantum; Reduced number of orders for hard disk drives.
- When macho is not so macho. // Electronic News;01/19/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2202, p8
Editorial. Focuses on the factors contributing to the decline of the disk drive industry. Slow growth in the personal computer business; Devaluation of currencies in Asia.
- Optical-disk specialization. // Health Management Technology;2/15/1995, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p137
Presents a list of companies in the United States that provide optical disks for the health care sector. Includes Alphatronix Inc.; Cerner Corp.; LaserData Inc.
- The race to 10 Gbit/in.2--what's in store for disk drives in the 21st century? Nass, Richard // Electronic Design;06/23/97, Vol. 45 Issue 13, p48
Reports that manufacturers of disk-drives are claiming an annual rate increase of 60 percent for areal densities. Information on the program designed by Seagate Technology to maintain an edge in this industry; Reference to the drive demonstrated by scientists at International Business Machines...
- Peripherals: Drives are making a comeback. Aragon, Lawrence // PC Week;2/14/94, Vol. 11 Issue 6, PC Week Inside pA/5
Reports on the recurring viability experienced by disk drive vendors during the third quarter ending September 1993. Secret behind profitability recorded by four out of six publicly-listed disk drive makers.