The CD-ROM drive index
- Facts, figures, & findings. // CD-ROM Professional;Apr96, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p14
Presents miscellaneous facts about CD-ROMs and the CD-ROM industry. Total CD-ROM sales in 1995; Multimedia titles; CD-ROM most useful source of information; CD-ROM titles top software sales; CD-ROM directory revenues; Web/online advertising; Investment firms; Internet computing; Growth in...
- CD-deals. Tunbridge, Nathaniel // Australian Personal Computer;Nov94, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p58
Focuses on the CD-ROM industry in Australia. Forecast on CD-ROM player sales in from 1994 to 1998; Development of the small office/home office market; CD-ROMs as an ideal stepping stone to online services; Limitations of CD-ROMs.
- CD-ROM publishing today. Herther, Nancy K. // Database;Aug/Sep95, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p27
Looks at the trends in CD-ROM products in order to identify features that may be incorporated into upcoming business products. Intense competition for market share; Microsoft's effort to acquire Intuit; Availability of CD-ROM drives as standard computer equipment; Reference/information titles;...
- New CD-ROM drives keep getting faster. // EMedia Professional;Feb97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p18
Presents compact disc-read only memory (CD-ROM) drives from Toshiba, Pioneer, Sony, Acer and Axonix. SCSI-2 XM-3801B drive from Toshiba America Information Systems; Pioneer New Media Technologies' 12X internet CD-ROM drive; Sony Electronics' CDU511 16X CD-ROM drive.
- Networked CD-ROM libraries proliferate. // EMedia Professional;Feb97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p20
Includes compact disc-read only memory (CD-ROM) library solutions. First networked CD-ROM file server to break the 1MB per second data transfer barrier from Optical Access International; Addition to Meridian Data's CD Net 800 series of CD network servers; Rackmount Hot Swap CD-ROM Server from...
- Hearing impaired ideal audience for CD-ROM. Mall, Blane // Billboard;4/13/96, Vol. 108 Issue 15, p72
Focuses on the absence of closed-captioned CD-ROMs in the American computer market and the lack of a significant organized effort to mobilize the multimedia community into action to provide subtitles for plot-intensive products. Hearing-impaired customers as ideal market for captioned CD-ROMs;...
- the CD-ROM drive sales index. // EMedia Professional;Oct98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p11
Presents information on the sales of CD-ROM drives in the United States, as of the first quarter of 1998.
- WHY CD-ROM IS A DEAD-END TECHNOLOGY. Reisman, Sorel // IEEE Software;Nov95, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p120
Presents comments on the computer disc (CD)-ROM industry. Growth of the audio CD industry; Benefits of CD technology; Trends in CD-ROM drive development.
- CD-ROM database update. // CD-ROM Databases;Oct99, p1
Presents the additions and changes to the line items of CD-ROM databases. Includes Census Mapper; PhotoStock; Remote Sensing Tutor.
- CD-ROM database update. // CD-ROM Databases;Dec99, p1
Provides information on additions and changes to CD-ROM databases. Indication of new titles.