A blow against CD obsolescence: Proposed audio disc will play in both CD and DVD hardware
- Sony Expands SACD SW, HW Lineups. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;6/3/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p1
Reports the growth of the Super Audio Compact Disc (SACD) titles of Sony. Number of SACD players sold to consumers worldwide; Start of the hybrid-disc replicator by Crest National; Presentation of the first two DVD/SACD-receivers.
- SACD: Now Playing at a Nearby Kiosk. Bennett, Rad // Sound & Vision;Apr2002, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p16
Reports on the plan of Sony Corp. to deliver Super Audio compact disk (SACD) demonstration kiosks in Circuit City and Best By stores. SACD featured in the kiosks; Features of the kiosks.
- Sony introduces 1.3G drive. Maher, William // Australian Personal Computer;May2001, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p20
Features the Double Density compact discs of Sony. Offer of extra storage capacity; Availability of the products.
- Sony Begins Sale of New Copy-Protected CDs. // J@pan Inc.;3/1/2003, Issue 41, p7
Reports on sale of copy protected compact discs (CD) from Sony. Features of the CD.
- Sony launches new line of budget classical recordings. Verna, Paul // Billboard;1/15/94, Vol. 106 Issue 3, p8
Reports on Sony Classical's launching of a budget line of classical compact discs (CD). Price of CDs; Initial release of 22 titles; Marketing of Sony Classical; Product glut in the super-budget classical market; Retailers' concern over the profusion of budget and super-budget product; Entrance...
- Budget Blu-ray is a decent bet. // What Hi-Fi? Sound & Vision;Sep2010, p18
The article evaluates the Philips BDP3100 blu-ray player from Philips Electronics Inc.
- Expanding SACD To Home Theater. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;03/12/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the expansion of the multichannel SACD players selection of Sony Corp. for the United States market. Effect on the opening price point for SACD for single-disc model; Increase in the selection of receivers equipped with 6.1 channel decoders; Development of a Generation Y-targeted Psy...
- Discman enters. Brown, Russell // NZ Business;Jul95, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p39
Reports on the coming of another Sony product known as the CD-ROM Discman. Features; Availability of the product.
- Field operations recorded. // TVB Europe;Jan2010, p30
A preview of Sony Corp.'s PDW-HR1 XDCAM HD422 professional disc recorder is presented.