Let's get serious
- Let's get serious. Guenette, David R. // EMedia Professional;Jan1998, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p6
Focuses on progress made by the electronic media industry and the `Emedia Professional' magazine's coverage of these developments. Optical disc covered by the magazine aside from CD-ROMs; Factors driving the growth of the compact disc industry; New tag line for the magazine.
- Facts, figures, and findings. // EMedia Professional;Jan1998, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p12
Presents statistical data and findings of studies or surveys on the compact disc industry and the electronic media in the United States. Includes the sales of digital video disc (DVD) at higher than expected rates in the first six months of availability; Increased sales of compact...
- CD-R sales tracker. // EMedia Professional;Jul97, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p26
Reports on the 1997 first quarter sales of compact disc-recordable (CD-R) writer and media. Market sales and revenue of CD-R; Theory about CD-R; Forecasts on CD-R sales.
- Disc Manufacture Confronts The Digital Age. Traiman, Steve // Billboard;3/17/2007, Vol. 119 Issue 11, p12
This article reports on the status and trends of the CD/DVD manufacturing business in the face of competition from digital downloading. While American sales figures are declining there is enthusiasm for higher tech products such as HD Blu-ray and HD DVD formats. Demand for these multi-media...
- Dive in to DVD. Sealey, Mark // Technology & Learning;Oct97, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p41
Provides models to consider which relate to Digital Video Disc (DVD) players and DVD-ROM drives (computer version). Purpose of most of these models.
- INDUSTRY LEADERS DEMONSTRATE REAL-TIME DVD+RW RECORDING. // CD Computing News;Apr2000, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p8
Reports that the leaders in CD-ReWritable industry such as Ricoh and Sony, have reinforced their commitment to digital video disc-ReWritable technology.
- In wake of CD-R media shortage, planned Barcelona plant will boost production. // CD-ROM Professional;Oct96, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p26
Reports that Ricoh Corp. and Kao Infosystems Corp. have announced plans to establish a company for producing compact-disc recordable media in Europe. Target timetable for the joint venture.
- People & deals. // CD-ROM Professional;Oct96, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p29
Presents compact disc read-only memory-related news items for October 1996. Includes alliance between 2Way Media Inc. and Intel Corp.; Pinnacle Micro Inc.'s distribution agreement with Marshall Industries; Financial performance of Sony Corp. for the first quarter of 1996.
- More DVD-A SACD Titles On The Way. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/9/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p74
Reports on the increasing titles of Super Audio Compact Disc (SACD) and audio digital video disc (DVD). Plans of Sony Music Corp. to release five title per month in the year 2003; Retail prices of SACD; Price policy for DVDs.