First American and Deposit Guaranty join forces in public finance arena
- 1st American wins Miss. Bank with bid of $2.7b. Moyer, Liz // American Banker;12/9/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 235, p1
Reports that First American Corporation won the bidding for Deposit Guaranty Corporation. Value of the bid settlement; Speculation surrounding the fate of the Deposit Guaranty Corporation; Impact of the aquisition on the bank.
- Shareholder vote set on pricey deal. Elstein, Aaron // American Banker;4/16/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 71, p30
Reports that a deal to purchase Deposit Guaranty Corporation is expected to be approved on April 15, 1998 by First American Corporation's shareholders. Perception that the deal is overpriced; Details on the December 1997 bid for Deposit Guaranty; Defense of the merger from Dennis C. Bottorff,...
- Deal would give 1st American a boost in brokerage. Quittner, Jeremy // American Banker;12/11/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 237, p10
Reports on the First American Corporation's agreement to purchase Deposit Guaranty Corporation. Benefits of the agreement; Background information on the two companies; Comments from president of Money Marketing Initiatives in Morristown, New Jersey, Joy Montgomery.
- Post-merger First American eyes fee business in quest for revenue. GILLAM, CAREY // American Banker;10/28/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 207, p4
Highlights the effort of First American Corp. to increase its sales of annuities and investment products after its merger with Deposit Guaranty Corp. (GDC). Redeployment of GDC bankers for specialized product sales; Introduction of a rewards program.
- 1st American mixes funds with deposit guaranty's. Winokur, Cheryl // American Banker;12/28/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 245, p7
Reports on the consolidation of mutual fund assets of First American Corp. and Deposit Guaranty Corp. Impact of combination on investors; Background of the mutual fund assets.
- Purchase of Deposit Guaranty Drew Skepticism. // American Banker;08/02/99 Supplement, Vol. 164, p6A
Reports on skepticisms about First American's purchase of Deposit Guaranty Corp. Perception that the price First American paid for Deposit Guaranty was too high by industry standards; Dilution of First American's profitability.
- Fateful deal. // U.S. Banker;Jul99, Vol. 109 Issue 7, p18
Focuses on the failure of Nashville, Tennessee-based First American Corp.'s 1998 merger deal with Deposit Guaranty Corp. Struggle with integration issues; Sale of First American to AmSouth Bancorp.
- 2 southern suitors seen likely to purchase Deposit Guaranty. Elstein, Aaron // American Banker;12/04/97, Vol. 162 Issue 232, p32
Reports that Deposit Guaranty Corporation of Jackson, Mississippi, is fielding bids to sell out and merger advisers. Who are the most likely buyers for this company; Suggestion that bankers consider Mississippi among the country's least banking markets; Comments from Barry P. Taff, partner in...
- Deposit guaranty of Mississippi will trim loan-loss provision by $5 million in quarter. Cline, Kenneth // American Banker;12/23/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 244, p20
Reports on Deposit Guaranty Corp.'s reduction of loan-loss provision in the 1993 fourth quarter. Financial performance for 1993; Performance of bank stocks in the December 22, 1993 stock market.