Minnesota to issue debt to aid golf course
- Water Hazard. Patoski, Joe Nick // Texas Monthly;Nov2002, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p70
Examines the environmental implications of the proposed golf course in San Antonio, Texas that will be operated by the Professional Golfers' Association (PGA). Residential communities near the proposed golf course; Discussion on the issue; Water consumption of golf courses; Cost of the proposed...
- UNLV is getting serious about golf. // Las Vegas Business Press;3/4/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p10
Reports the endorsement of golf course management professionals by the Professional Golfers' Association of America.
- CRASH COURSE. // Sports Illustrated;5/4/2009 Golf Supplement, p20
A photograph of a Professional Golfers' Association of America (PGA) golf course is presented.
- PGA's golf course boom. // Golf World;2/10/95, Vol. 48 Issue 26, Pro Report p8
Reports on the Professional Golfers' Association (PGA) of America's golf course ownership and management business in the United States. Golf courses owned in Kentucky; Designers of PGA of America golf courses; Opening schedule of PGA of America golf courses.
- PGA, minorities settle. // Golf World;8/09/96, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the settlement of the Professional Golfers' Association (PGA) of America with the minority community on the issue of lack of African-American staff members at the Valhalla golf course in Louisville, Kentucky. PGA chief executive officer Jim Awtrey; Minority community leader Louis...
- The next Augusta? Russell, Geoff // Golf World;08/23/96, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p4
Reports that Valhalla Golf Club will go down in history as one of the PGA of America's most inspired site selections for its championship.
- Nothin' Could be Finah... Verdi, Bob // Golf World;08/06/99, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p34
Offers observation on the Medinah Golf Course in Chicago, Illinois, the site of the 1999 Professional Golfers' Association (PGA) Championship. Problems with the site; Amenities offered; Membership of former basketball player Michael Jordan in the club.
- Learning from the R&A's folly. Hawkins, John // Golf World;08/06/99, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p48
Talks about the Medinah Golf Course in Chicago, Illinois. Problems with the site; Advice for Jim Awtrey, chief executive of Professional Golfers' Association (PGA) of America.
- Compatible with nature. Friese, Richard P. // Travel Agent;02/24/97, Vol. 285 Issue 4, p10
Features the PGA Golf Club in Port Saint Lucie, Florida owned and operated by the Professional Golfers Association. Description of the golf course; Design of golf course by golf architect Tom Fazio; Goal of the PGA club.