Smithsonian's ready to join debt market; 2 natural triple-A's
- The great exchange. Viola, H.J. // Archaeology;Jan1992, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p52
Reviews the exhibition `Seeds of Change' at the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of Natural History. Its focus on what scholars call the Columbian Exchange--the transfer of plants, animals, diseases and people that resulted from the events of 1492.
- Fourth Annual Space Day will explore solutions to living in space. Mollan, Mark C. // Aviation History;Mar2000, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p65
Reports on the Space Day celebration on May 4, 2000 at the Smithsonian Institution's National Air and Space Museum in Washington, D.C. Focus on the special challenges of living in space; Theme; Programs; Schedule of activities.
- Discover an African oasis...in Washington,... Williams, S.H. // Black Enterprise;Dec87, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p99
Description and history of the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of African Art. The site is new, but the museum was founded in 1964 by US Foreign Service Officer Warren Robbins. Since 1983 the museum has been acquiring works at a rate unsurpassed by any branch of the Smithsonian.
- Smithsonian lecture examines chocolate. // Candy Industry;May96, Vol. 161 Issue 5, p12
Reports that the Smithsonian Associates, the cultural and continuing education arm of The Smithsonian Institution conducted an evening-long examination of chocolate in late March 1996 in Washington, D.C. Speakers in the lecture; Topics discussed.
- Largest museum exhibit `America's Smithsonian' travels the country. // Hispanic Times Magazine;Aug/Sep1996, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p26
Reports on the holding of the cultural exhibition `America's Smithsonian.' Attractions in the roving national tour; Schedule and itinerary from August 21, 1996 to January 18, 1997; Selection of the 20 most important treasures in each Smithsonian exhibits.
- Planting the seeds. // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/4/93, Vol. 14 Issue 27, p27A
Previews the exhibition `Seeds of Change' to be shown in Indianapolis, Indiana, on November 21, 1993. Organizers of the traveling exhibit; Complementary events launched by the Indianapolis-Marion County Public Library; Focus on the exchange of seeds between Christopher Columbus and American...
- Smithsonian drops cosponsor. Malcolm, Teresa // National Catholic Reporter;01/23/98, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p8
No abstract available.
- Around the Mall and beyond. Park, Edwards // Smithsonian;Dec92, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p20
Announces that two exhibitions that will intrigue young visitors this month are `Art, Arms & Armor' and `The Kids Bridge.' Smithsonian's International Gallery; Facts and history of armor; Proof marks; Show comes from Landeszeughaus, of Graz, Styria; Children given special guidebook; Reaction to...
- Smithsonian horizons. Adams, Robert McC. // Smithsonian;Feb93, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p10
States that the arrival of a new administration invites reflections on impending changes for the Institution as well. Limits to the direct impact on the transition on the Smithsonian; Institution an independent trust; Secretary an appointee of the Regents; Annual congressional appropriation; New...
- Smithsonian horizons. Adams, Robert McC. // Smithsonian;May93, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p12
States that the Smithsonian observes its 150th anniversary with an open welcome to visitors that has always prevailed. Smithsonian's commitment to `the increase and diffusion of knowledge'; Assurance that a shift toward a policy of admission fees is not in prospect; Reasons for holding fast to...