Ruling gives Florida bondholders the power
- Nashville wins a stay. Greczyn, Mary // Waste News;01/12/98, Vol. 3 Issue 34, p6
Reports that Metro Nashville is planning to appeal a November 5, 1997 ruling in which an ordinance steering trash to a waste-to-energy plant unconstitutionally restricts interstate commerce. Identification of the last court round winner; Information on Metro Nashville's plans; Comments from...
- Burn ban remains off in Hays County - for now. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);5/30/2012, Vol. 110 Issue 8, p2A
The article informs that the ban against burning in Hays County, Texas has been lifted with an order from the Hays County Commissioners Court on May 29, 2012.
- That's one demeanor that should be missed. Omelianuk, Scott // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Jun97, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p160
Reports that a judge dismissed the charges against a Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania woman who was arrested for public indecency. Circumstances relating to the incident.
- Gentler judgments. // Christian Science Monitor;12/15/99, Vol. 92 Issue 15, p19
Argues that need for softer judgments, in light of the failure of every human being and the perfection reserved for God.
- Microsoft loses rehearing of contractor benefits case. // Business Insurance;07/28/97, Vol. 31 Issue 30, p1
Reports on the ruling of the 9th United States Circuit Court of Appeals that Microsoft Corporation excluded workers who were wrongly classified as independent contractors from its 401(k) and stock-purchase plans. Who the suit was originally filed by; Details of the court's ruling.
- Court tells Garden City to pay contractor $12M. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;11/18/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p25
Reports that Canton, Mississippi-based Wayne Oakland Contracting Inc. has won a $12 million court verdict from Wayne County Circuit Court in Wayne County, Michigan against Garden City Down Development Authority in Garden City. Cost overrun dispute for a water main and streetscape project;...
- Nevada RRG Wins Summary Judgment. McDonald, Caroline // National Underwriter / P&C;8/1/2011, Vol. 115 Issue 27, p10
The article reports that risk-retention group (RRG) in Nevada wins summary judgment after a year-long legal battle with state regulators.
- Commission stalls over decision on penalties. Jay, Martin // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Jan97, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p30
Reports that delays in implementing plans to impose hefty fines on member states which ignore judgments of the European Court of Justice are threatening to undermine the commission's role as the arbiter of European Union legislation and rules.
- Ct. junk NYC auto ins. suit. Gjertsen, Lee Ann // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;01/19/98, Vol. 102 Issue 3, p30
Reports on a New York court decision to dismiss a lawsuit which alleged that New York City auto insurance rates did not decrease enough to match the decrease in thefts. Identification of who was named in the suit; Comments from the vice president and assistant general counsel for the National...
- Tribunal backs British Gas over regulator in direct mail wrangle. MacMillan, Gordon // Campaign (UK);05/22/98, Issue 21, p10
Presents information pertaining to the court case between the British Gas Trading company and the Data Protector Registrar (DPR) regarding direct mail promotions. Details of the case; Significance of the ruling; Comments from Rosemary Jay, legal adviser to the DPR.