Securities fraud case continues against California underwriter
- Pacific Genesis, California agree to let monitor review deals. Marois, Michael B.; Stanton, Michael; Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;12/22/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30297, p1
Reports that Pacific Genesis Group on December 19, 1997, agreed to let an independent monitor review all of its land-based financing while the California Department of Corporations continues to pursue a lawsuit against the company. Details on the suit; Stipulations of the agreement; Other...
- Settlement ends PGG fraud case. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;02/22/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30583, p1
States that Pacific Genesis Group Inc. has agreed to settle the fraud lawsuit filed against it by the California Department of Corporations. Allegations against the company; Terms of the settlement; Benefits of the move to Pacific Genesis.
- California firm urges stronger disclosure for some land deals. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;03/03/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30590, p1
Focuses on California law firm White & Case's call for tighter disclosure guidelines for unrated land-secured bonds sold to retail investors. Settlement of the civil securities fraud lawsuit filed by the state Department of Corporations against Pacific Genesis Group (PGG); Court's selection of...
- California's PGG on the spot over alleged settlement violations. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;01/05/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30801, p3
Focuses on the alleged violation committed by the Pacific Genesis Group of a 1999 municipal securities settlement, according to the California Department of Corporations. Trading of certifications of participation prior to winning the debt; Failure to include a summary of the indenture;...
- PGG Winds Up Back in Calif. Court. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;03/21/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30853, p1
Focuses on the lawsuit filed by California Department of Corporations against Pacific Genesis Group (PGG) for violating a settlement deal in San Francisco, California. Failure of PGG to disclose investment risks to bondholders and questionable sales practices in 1997 lawsuit; Demands of the...
- Enforcement: Judge Reinstates Pacific Genesis' License Until June 8 Hearing. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/5/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31112, p6
Reports that the Department of Corporations in Washington has vowed to appeal a state court's decision to reinstate the license of Alameda, California-based firm Pacific Genesis Group Inc. Details of the litigation against Pacific Genesis.
- Judge calls on California regulators and Pacific Genesis to reach settlement. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;12/17/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30294, p3
States that Pacific Genesis Group and state regulators were urged by a Sacramento County Superior Court judge on December 16th, 1997 to reach a settlement in a securities fraud lawsuit before the 17th. Circumstances surrounding the filing of the lawsuit by the California Department of...
- NASD files five-point complaint against California's Pacific Genesis Group. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;08/05/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30202, p3
Reports that the National Association of Securities Dealers has filed a complaint against the Pacific Genesis Group. State probe into the company's business practices in the municipal bond market; Registration violation by company chairman David Fitzgerald; Complaints over the bonds issued by...
- State: Ruling Would Hurt Muni Market. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;07/10/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30928, p1
Reports on the consequences of a court ruling favoring Pacific Genesis Group Inc. on the securities market and investors in California. Failure of the company to disclose land-based bonds it underwrote; Appeal on the decision of the court.