- Sales. McCarthy, Thomas J.; Tauchert, Patricia A. // Business Lawyer;Aug98, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p1461
Reviews case law under Article 2, Sales, of the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) of the United States. Scope of Article 2; Contract formation; Notice of breach; Economic loss doctrine.
- Dexter Engineering (B). Ghosh, Debjani // Journal of Case Research;Jun2011, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p60
The article presents the type of leaves and employee transfer policy of Dexter Engineering in India. It explains the several type of work leaves such as casual leave, earned leave and maternity leave. It highlights the purpose of transferring its employees based on the transfer policy of the...
- Improving Access to Offshore Wind Turbines. // Instrumentation Newsletter;2013 Fourth Ouarter, p9
The article presents a case study of developing the Turbine Access System (TAS) to safely transfer personnel and equipment to and from offshore wind turbines in rolling seas and bad weather. It uses dynamic simulations to investigate the control system strategy and sensor/hydraulic...
- Making Cartel Conduct Criminal: A Case Study of Ambiguity in Controlling Business Behaviour. Beaton-Wells, Caron; Haines, Fiona // Australian & New Zealand Journal of Criminology (Australian Acad;Aug2009, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p218
This article explores the regulation of cartel conduct in Australia focusing, in particular, on the recent decision to criminalise so-called ï¿½hard-coreï¿½ cartels. It illuminates three interdependent ambiguities in regulating such conduct: economic, moral and legal. The case study is...
- Managing the white space. // Getting Results...For the Hands-on Manager: Office Edition;Sep96, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p8
Discusses the ways to manage white spaces in a business organization or employees transferred to positions left by employees who resigned or were laid off. Encouragement of staff for the assumption into the white space; Recognition of the unattended areas; Creation of cross-functional teams.
- A move in the right direction. Kruger, Pamela // Parenting;Dec97/Jan98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p78
States that according to a 1997 Atlas Van Lines survey of 165 companies 75 percent of employees cite family ties as the main reason they declined a transfer to another city. Information on the results of the mover's 1996 survey.
- Job rotation is key to success. // USA Today Magazine;Apr95, Vol. 123 Issue 2599, p9
Discusses the benefits of job rotation. Usefulness during downsizing; Respect for employee who has held many positions; Getting the skills needed for promotions; Investment in employees' development.
- Media people. // National Journal;8/23/97, Vol. 29 Issue 34/35, p1703
Reports on the transfer of Stuart Auerbach from the `Washington Post' to Media Development Loan Fund. Purpose of the Media Development; Job of Stuart at `Washington Post.'
- Job transfers not worth it, study finds. // Christian Science Monitor;2/28/95, Vol. 87 Issue 64, p9
Reports on the findings of a survey conducted by the University of Tennessee and Right Management Consultants Incorporated, on the effects of job transfers on living standards of two-income families. Survey of employees, or their spouses, of various companies in the US, Canada and Europe.