- MEDIATION OF EMPLOYMENT DISPUTES. A BETTER MANAGEMENT STRATEGY FOR THE ORGANISATION. ARDELEANU, Anca-Monica // Annals of Eftimie Murgu University Resita, Fascicle II, Economi;2012, p361
The objectives of this article are to underline the particularities of the organizational conflicts, to briefly analyze the conflict management styles and in the end to show how mediation, as an alternative dispute resolution method, can fix the complex relationship difficulties so that the...
- Routes to resolution. Rowley, Chris // Professional Manager;May2010, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p34
The article presents three ways to resolve industrial disputes. It states that each type of dispute resolution requires the participation of third parties. It discusses the involvement of neutral third parties who help formulate mutually acceptable solutions in the process of conciliation....
- Requiring the Arbitration of Employment Disputes: Is it the Right Choice for You? Adams, Ashley C. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2005 Q1, p1
The article discusses the advantages and disadvantages of resorting to employee arbitration to manage labor dispute. Companies that choose to settle labor dispute through conciliatory procedure instead of legal actions would have more mechanisms in obtaining favorable outcomes. Arbitration...
- Mediators solve business credit problems. Applegate, Jane // Las Vegas Business Press;09/15/97, Vol. 14 Issue 37, p3
Focuses on success stories of several mediators in solving business credit problems. Includes Harold Sussman of Valcor Arbitration Services Ltd.; Peter Connors of Ryan Mayers & Connors; Wayne Sisk of Amcor Financial Group Inc.
- Mediation and Conciliation in Industrial Relations: Reflections from Australia. Provis, Chris // Labor Studies Journal;Winter97, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p81
Studies the mediation and conciliation systems in industrial relations in Australia. Functions of mediation; Classification of disputes; Goal of the dispute-resolution process; Importance of informality and privacy; Description of the Australian industrial relations system; Mediated and...
- How to select a mediator. Claiborne, Zela G. // Cost Engineering;Feb98, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p18
Provides insights on the selection of a mediator for industrial dispute resolution in the United States. Approach to resolving complex construction cases; Options for a mediator in approaching a dispute; Reputation of a mediator for fairness and impartiality.
- Talk is cheap... Bryan, Mary Lowndes // South Carolina Business Journal;Dec95, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the use of mediation in business as a form of conflict resolution between American employers and employees. Difference of mediation from arbitration and litigation; Advantages of mediation; Mechanics of mediation; Addressing of potential problems and planning for future business;...
- Everyone wins? Bay, Suzanne // BusinessWest;Aug94, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p31
Reports on the phenomenon of using mediators to avoid to avoid expensive and lengthy litigation. Nature of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR); voluntary nature of mediation; Types of mediation; Nature of process-centered and information-centered mediation.
- From bottom-line perspective, mediation makes sense. Shenas, Peter // San Diego Business Journal;5/27/96, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p8B
Discusses the role of mediation as a tool for the resolution of business conflicts. Difference between mediation and arbitration; Results of mediation; Mediators' measurement of their success by the percentage of cases they are able to resolve.