- Breaking the Banquet Barrier: How to Stage More Effective Meetings. Baldwin, Woodrow W. // Management Review;Jan65, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p35
Presents advice on holding more effective meetings. Advantages of scheduling a speech before the meal during a dinner meeting; Integration of introductions with other activities; Achievement of greater participation from attendees; Components of a general meeting.
- How to get the most from your meetings. // AV Magazine;Nov/Dec2009, Special section p4
The article discusses the effectiveness of conference management systems in running meetings. It states that the conference systems adopt the principle of the old-fashioned of using stick where only one person is talking at any one time. It indicates that the more advanced conference management...
- Contract out for event success. Doyan, Yves // Northern Ontario Business;Aug2006, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p32
The article presents information on the factors that must be considered when hiring an event planner. This emphasizes that employing a committee to carry out the aspects that one wishes to be achieve in a corporate event is a helpful idea. Moreover, the author suggests that financial aspect,...
- Conferences 1998. Light, Elizabeth // NZ Business;Jun98, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p55
Looks at the management of conferences. Key to a successful conference; Example of some of the trends in conferencing; Common mistakes made by conference organizers; Type of activities to include during the conference to promote social interaction; Role of a professional conference organiser...
- From the blogosphere. // Nature;9/3/2009, Vol. 461 Issue 7260, p9
A blog concerning the video "Gathering of Geeks" is presented.
- SEEN AND HEARD? Gander, Paul // Marketing Week;4/4/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p35
Focuses on the requirements for effective conferences and exhibitions to industries in Great Britain. Consideration on the type of audience in presentation; Involvement of technical people for information about the trade show; Realism and honesty about the objectives of the exhibition.
- Think about the audience. THOMPSON, CALIBE // South Florida Times;6/25/2015, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p5A
The article offers author's insights on the audience as one of the important factors to be considered in managing and planning a conference and discusses her participation at the 6th Biennial Jamaican Diaspora Conference.
- Correction. // Eli's Rehab Report;Jul2010, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p51
A correction to the article "Crank Your Team Conference Quality Up a Notch," in the volume 17, number 5 issue, is presented.
- Exposition managers diversify and digitize. Ruth // Business News New Jersey;09/20/99, Vol. 12 Issue 34, p20
Reports on developments in the exposition management industry in New Jersey. Mergers among exposition management companies; Constraint in the availability of space; Thrust of McLaughlin Associates to manage both consumer and trade shows; Importance of media exposure; Making arrangements more...