- CBI backs company law proposals. // Credit Management;Oct2000, p9
Informs on the Confederation of British Industry's support to government proposals to modernize company law. Response to a consultation document called 'Developing the Framework,' from the Department of Trade and Industry's Company Law Review Steering Group.
- Flexible arguments at REC Summit. Goodfellow, Christopher // Recruiter;6/10/2009, p5
Information about several papers discussed at Recruitment Employment Confederation (REC) Summit is presented. Topics include on how to lobby the government over the consultation for Agency Workers Directive (AWD), comparison of equal rights calculation for temporary employees and labor force...
- CBI predicts flat UK growth with modest pick-up in 2013. // Engineer (Online Edition);11/1/2012, p10
The article reports that according to the latest quarterly economic forecast of Confederation of British Industry (CBI), British growth will be flat in 2012 with a modest pick-up throughout 2013, anticipating a slight improvement in pace in 2014.
- Mike Rake appointed CBI President-Designate. // Plant & Works Engineering;Apr2013, Issue 372, p8
The article announces that Mike Rake was designated as president at Great Britain's business lobbying organisation CBI, at the end of Roger Carr's term of office in June 2013.
- CBI's takeover proposals. // Accountancy;Apr89, Vol. 103 Issue 1148, p48
Focuses on the takeover proposals of the Confederation of British Industry.
- Old-school boardrooms need the feminine touch. Pitcher, George // Marketing Week;1/23/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p31
Focuses on the government-sponsored Higgs code on corporate governance from the distinguished industrialist Sir Nigel Rudd, head of boardroom issues of the Confederation of British Industry. Examination of corporate governance against the background of self-rewarding non-executives; Details of...
- Budget tax cut answers 'anti-competitive' charge. Hanney, Brian // Accountancy;Apr2007, Vol. 139 Issue 1364, p9
The article reports on a corporate tax cut suggested by Great Britain's finance minister Gordon Brown in his proposed 2007 government budget. Brown included the reduction to counter criticisms that Britain's high corporate tax rate made businesses uncompetitive. The article also reports that the...
- Accountable 'sponsors' needed, says CBI. // Public Private Finance;Nov2006, Issue 108, p7
The article reports on the need for a sponsor to all government procurement projects to create accountability, according to the Confederation of British Industry in Great Britain. A lack of a single figure to drive the process can result in significant delays, according to Kevin Beeston,...
- CIPD backs guidance on directors' payoffs. millar, Michael // Personnel Today;9/23/2003, p2
This article focuses on recommendations produced by the Confederation of British Industry (CBI), which are intended to provide a flexible and transparent framework for directors' severance packages. Under the CBI's provisions, key contractual guidelines would be announced to shareholders...