Health and safety
- Etc. Etc. Etc. // Professional Safety;Jun2011, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p88
The article offers information on various issues related to industrial safety including most stressful jobs, less stressful jobs, and stress relief.
- Healthy Workplaces Summit Focuses on Managing Psychosocial Risks at Work. Smith, Sandy // EHS Today Exclusive Insight;11/3/2015, p1
The article discusses the Healthy Workplaces Summit 2015 that was held in Bilbao, Spain on November 3, 2015, which covered the issues related to assessing and managing stress and psychosocial risks at workplaces and featured occupational safety and health (OSH) professionals.
- 10 METHODS to motivate support for your strategies. Pater, Robert // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Dec2007, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p1
The article presents methods by which organizational members may be engaged in ergonomics. The author discusses the importance of conveying to members that ergonomics aim to promote comfort, safety and peace of mind. He adds that workers should know how to control and direct stress to encourage...
- Doctor Stavroula Leka and Aditya Jain: Tools to measure workplace stress. Leka, Stavroula; Jain, Aditya // Employee Benefits;11/18/2013, p1
The article presents the authors' insights on work-related stress and psychosocial hazards. The authors say that employer must take appropriate measures to assess and manage work-related stress and its contributing factors called psychosocial hazards. They state that health and safety risk...
- Workplace Health and Safety. // Ontario Dentist;Jun2013, Vol. 90 Issue 5, p52
The article offers tips to avoid risks associated with office work environment. Office workers are advised to practice good desk-side posture habits. To reduce eyestrain, adjusting the brightness of computer monitors is suggested. Hands should be kept clean by washing with soap and water frequently.
- Programs offered. Petten, Cheryl // Saskatchewan Sage;May2003, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p12
This article reports that employers and workers across Saskatchewan wanting to learn more about ways to prevent on the job injuries can take advantage of a series of seminars and workshops offered by the Saskatchewan Workers Compensation Board (WCB). The goal of the sessions is to assist...
- SPOTLIGHT Incentives. // EHS Today;May2013, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p48
The article offers information on various topics related to occupational safety including the National Gift Card which offers restaurant, retail and gift cards as reward for corporate health and safety programs, the safety guy stress reliever, and the DVD "All About Behavior Change."
- CALENDAR. // Occupational Health;Jan2005 Supplement, Vol. 57, p27
Presents a calendar of events related to occupational health in Great Britain from January to April 2005. Preventing Accidents -- The Human Factors workshop organised by TKJ Training; Health in the Workplace Hazard Exhibition; Stress Management Workshop organised by West Anglia Training...
- What to look out for in the upcoming legislation. O'Driscoll, Eliza // Occupational Health;Feb2005 Supplement, Vol. 57, p8
Presents advises from occupational health professionals on key employment laws and issues that employers in Great Britain should be aware of in 2005. Information on the fourth part of the Employment Practices Data Protection Code; Main amendments to the Disability Discrimination Act 1995;...