Cold weather cargo
Tags: FREIGHT handling
- The balance between rail and road is set to change. // Professional Engineering;01/14/98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p8
No abstract available.
- GFIA Freight By The Numbers. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/10/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 50, pB5
Presents a chart depicting poundage comparisons for mail, freight and total cargo shipped from and received at the Gerald R. Ford International Airport in Kent County, Michigan October 2001.
- New Gulf shipping rates come into force. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;8/9/96, Vol. 40 Issue 32, p23
Reports that members of the Europe Middle East Rate Agreement (EMERA) have increased freight rates for European shipments to the Gulf Area starting August 1, 1996. Currency adjustment factor; Signatories to the deal.
- Silent night scheme appeal. // Commercial Motor;2/4/2010, Vol. 212 Issue 5367, p7
The article focuses on the Quiet Deliveries Demonstration Scheme initiated by the Freight Transport Association, Noise Abatement Society, and the Department for Transport which will explore noise mitigation measures at the point of delivery in Great Britain.
- What do you think? Stanton, Justin // Commercial Motor;9/8/2011, Vol. 216 Issue 5449, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published within the issue on topics including the trucking industry in Great Britain, the cost of fuel, and the commercial transportation.
- Living with lumping. Lockridge, Deborah // Overdrive;Aug97, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p34
Focuses on the problems being encountered by United States-based freight carriers with lumpers. Dilemma of haulers over personally unloading freight or hiring expensive lumpers; Importance of determining who will be responsible for unloading freights; Provisions of the US Motor Carrier Act of...
- ARCI expects rebound in car orders. // Railway Age;Nov95, Vol. 196 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the expectation of the American Railway Car Institute for an increase in car deliveries and orders for 1995.
- Freight cars: The market is healthy, the innovators are busy. Welty, Gus // Railway Age;Sep96, Vol. 197 Issue 9, p59
Focuses on the status of the freight car market for 1996. TTX's car acquisition programs; Negative impact of mergers on freight car programs; American Railway Car Institute's (ARCI) forecast on total delivery of wells/platforms.
- Industry indicators, August 1997. // Railway Age;Aug97, Vol. 198 Issue 8, p9
Presents information about the freight industry. Revenue freight carloadings of different commodities from the week of July 12 to June 21; Graphical information about freight cars and rail freight traffic trends; Statistics on general freight loss and damage.