HIV/AIDS case histories: Diagnostic problems
Tags: HIV-positive persons
- Increase in HIV patients who receive triple therapy. // Medical Marketing & Media;Oct97, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p28
Reports on the increase in HIV patients receiving aggressive, triple combination therapy, according to the IMS America's HIV/AIDS database in line with the released federal guidelines.
- WHO SHOULD KNOW? Helquist, Michael // Advocate;7/7/87, Issue 476, p49
Discusses the dilemma of people who tested positive for HIV in the U.S. on whether or not to reveal the results. Impact of revealing positive test results on a person's ability to obtain housing, insurance, employment and financial services; Suggested issues to consider in deciding to reveal...
- HIV-1 group O virus identified for the first time in the United States. Rayfield, M.A.; Sullivan, P. // Emerging Infectious Diseases;Jul-Sep96, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p209
Presents laboratory findings related to the first documented HIV-1 Group O infection in the United States. Reference to the amount of unusual cases of HIV that were identified in France during 1994; When the first HIV-1 Group O infection was identified and how; Information on the use of the CDC...
- Any HIV-infected patients in your practice? // Modern Medicine;Feb94, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p56
Presents an abstract on the report `Seroprevalence of human immunodeficiency virus among family practice patients,' by J. Kurata, L. Ounanian, et al, published in the July-August 1993 issue of `J. Am. Board Fam. Prac.'
- INDONESIA. // Advocate;9/8/92, Issue 611, p29
Reports that Indonesia's health officials are not planning to determine the number of Indonesians who are HIV-positive. Total number of Indonesians who have been tested for HIV antibodies; World Bank's dispute on the number of HIV-positive Indonesians.
- NEWS IN BRIEF: World view. // Advocate;2/23/93, Issue 623, p32
Reports that at least a seventh of the population of Zimbabwe are HIV-positive.
- HIV hope and then some. Portyansky, Elena // Drug Topics;3/2/98, Vol. 142 Issue 5, p32
Focuses on the medical prospects of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) patients with the use of the anti-neoplastic agent. What experts have reported; Reference to a study published in the investigational agent `Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy'; Information on the granted permission...
- Disease in children infected with HIV in Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire. Lucas, Sebastian B.; Peacock, Christopher S. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);2/10/96, Vol. 312 Issue 7027, p335
Examines the range of diseases in African children infected with HIV. Syndromes of pulmonary infections, diarrhea and malnutrition; Incidence of necropsies.
- HIV infection: Detection, initial management, and referral. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;02/23/98 Supplement RR-1, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p11
Focuses on the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection in patients, and its initial management, detection and referral. Information on the diagnostic testing for HIV-1 and 2; Details on the counseling for HIV-infected patients; Indepth look at the planning for medical care and continuation...
- The injustice of AIDS. Montague, Jim // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;10/05/96, Vol. 70 Issue 19, p18
Focuses on a study by Lawrence Gostin, which reports that courts have increasingly ruled against HIV-positive plaintiffs. Report titled `The AIDS Litigation Project III: A Look at AIDS in the Courts in the 1990s'; Contact information for copies of the study.