Orange County, Calif., bankruptcy saga ends; charges against last official are dismissed
- College District blocks possible Orange County settlement. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;12/12/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30291, p5
Presents information on an agreement Orange County, California has reached with its former bond counsel to settle a lawsuit holding the law firm partly responsible for the county's historic 1994 bankruptcy. How and when the proposed settlement was reached; Why North Orange County Community...
- Orange County near agreement. // Business Insurance;4/22/96, Vol. 30 Issue 17, p142
Comments on the impact of an alleged agreement between a group of California government entities and Orange County. Details of the lawsuit filed by the government units; Comment about the collapse of the Orange County Investment Pool; Terms of the agreement; Information on proceedings initiated...
- Judge orders release of court transcripts in Merrill Lynch case. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p1
Reports that a judge ordered the release transcripts related to the criminal investigation of Merrill Lynch and Co.'s role in the Orange County, California bankruptcy. Merrill Lynch's plan to challenge the judge's ruling; Details of the civil fraud lawsuit filed against Merrill by Orange County.
- Court ruling may have pivotal affect on Orange County. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;09/28/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30487, p4
Examines the possible effects of a court ruling on Orange County, California's chances of recovering derivatives losses brought about by the actions of Fuji Securities Inc. Claim that Fuji's transactions with former county treasurer Robert L. Citron violated California laws; Names of finance...
- S&P settles for a song. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;06/16/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30663, p1
Reports on Orange County, California's settlement of its lawsuit against Standard & Poor's Corp. as the county concluded litigation surrounding its bankruptcy. Overview of the case; Terms of the settlement agreement; Amount recovered by the county from its litigation efforts.
- Collective sigh of relief heard after Orange County drops S&P lawsuit. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;06/16/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30663, p35
Reports on the withdrawal of the lawsuit filed by Orange County, California, against Standard & Poor's Corp. in connection with the county's 1994 bankruptcy. Comments from municipal market participants on the move; Issues about the investment suitability of repurchase agreements and...
- Merrill asks high court to block transcripts. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;08/26/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30217, p30
Reports on Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.'s efforts to have the California Supreme Court to halt the scheduled release of grand jury testimony dealing with the firm's role in Orange County, California's 1994 bankruptcy. Background on the case; Motion for reconsideration filed by Merrill for a stay;...
- Court keeps lid on Orange County transcripts. McKenna, Jon; Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;10/03/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30244, p30
Discloses that the California Supreme Court has extended a stay on the release of records concerning Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.'s role in the Orange County bankruptcy. Prospects of Merrill Lynch employees' testifying before the grand jury; County court's order on the matter.
- TBMA intervenes in Orange County case. Brackman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;02/18/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30333, p36
Reports on The Bond Market Association's (TBMA) intervention in behalf of Merrill Lynch & Co. in the civil lawsuit filed by Orange County in California against its former investment banker, Merrill Lynch & Co. Allegations against Merrill Lynch & Co.'s role in the county's bankruptcy in 1996;...