Portfolio managers step back, consider strategies for daily, weekly notes
- Market in flux, managers wait, as all turn eyes to fed. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;06/18/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30665, p9
Focuses on the observance of caution among fund managers on transaction trends affecting money market funds in the United States. Majority of managers who chose to keep their portfolios liquid; Anticipation of the impact of the Federal Reserve Board's proposals to raise interest rates.
- First days' sturdy cash flow may continue, fund managers say. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;01/09/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30307, p8
Reports on the optimism of tax-exempt money market fund managers in the United States that strong cash flow may continue flowing into their portfolios in 1998. Efforts to get fully invested while trying to squeeze value from an already tight market; Doubts about whether equities in the United...
- Managers: With current yields, longer terms just aren't worth it. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;10/22/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30753, p8
Reports on the continued buying activities of money market fund managers in the United States focused on short paper in the week of October 22, 1999. Discouragement over yield curve; Issue of six-month bond anticipation notes from the New York City Transnational Finance Authority; Problem with...
- What's next for four growth gurus who got whomped in '94. Misra, Prashanta // Money;Mar95, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p51
Reports on the financial performance of the money market funds managed by various investment managers in the United States. Percent one-year returns of the funds managed by the fund managers; Reasons cited for the poor financial performance of the money market funds.
- Supermarkets make a meal of negotiations. Duncan, Chris // Money Marketing;8/22/2002, p20
Reports on the frustration of independent financial advisers at the fund supermarkets' inability to come to a compromise on the funds appearing on their platforms in Great Britain. Criticisms on CoFunds and FundsNetwork; Progress of fund supermarkets; Business conditions.
- International hirings stay hot with funds. Price, Margaret // Pensions & Investments;5/16/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p104
Reports on the hiring of international money managers by institutional investors during the first quarter of 1994. Establishment of an international program; Hirings of international/global fixed-income managers.
- Traders, managers heed better yields during note season lull. McDonald, Michael; Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;07/23/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30689, p9
Reports on money market fund managers' reaction to the low supply of municipal bonds in the United States despite stability of market levels for several weeks preceding the week ended July 21, 1999. Back Bay Advisors Inc.'s strategy during the note season lull in June and July; Concern over...
- Summer notes are down from last year as the search for yield continues. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;06/19/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30418, p6
Reports that American money market fund managers are less enthusiastic with securities coming to the market for 1998. Fund managers' wait and see strategy; Maturities pressure on reinvestment pressures.
- San Bernardino Hunts For Investment Firm. M. S. // Investment Management Weekly;11/12/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p3
The article reports that the County of San Bernardino is looking for an investment advisor to assist with the management of the county's $4.1 billion treasury pool. The county treasury pool distributes 51.8% of its assets to federal agencies, 5.2% to money market funds, 2.6% to repurchase...