Indiana governor has change of heart in tax-relief campaign, but still wary
- Deregulation pitched alongside local control. Coles, Adrienne D. // Education Week;02/05/97, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p12
Reports that Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon has vowed to make dramatic changes in the education policy.
- Happy anniversary O'Bannon-Kernan. Andrew, Joe // Indianapolis Business Journal;06/02/97, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p4B
Praises the administrative style of Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon and Lieutenant Governor Joe Kernan. Elegance of power restrained; Willingness to be flexible except in core principles; Budget negotiations.
- But, at his age, can Frank still run the break? // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/25/96, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p2A
Presents the views of Republican gubernatorial candidate Frank O'Bannon on crucial basketball issues in Indiana. Top Indiana men's college basketball player; Most significant moment in high school, college or professional basketball in Indiana for the past 20 years; Basketball players with the...
- O'Bannon looking like a formidable opponent. Dieter, Mary // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/20/96, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p8B
Focuses on Lieutenant Governor Frank O'Bannon's campaign style for his bid for governorship of Indiana. Running of television advertisement; Challenge on opponent, Indianapolis Mayor Stephen Goldsmith, to limit campaign spending.
- Status quo won't fix public schools. // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/11/96, Vol. 17 Issue 34, p6
No abstract available.
- State of State kicks Assembly into gear. Fiegenbaum, Edward D. // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/3/97, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p9A
Focuses on Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon's legislative agenda, as set forth in his State of the State address. Governor's focus on education; Future overhaul of the state tax system; Increase in funding for highway construction.
- O'Bannon unlikely to go on veto binge. Feigenbaum, Edward D. // Indianapolis Business Journal;03/24/97, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p9
Focuses on Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon's perception on his veto powers. Exercise of the veto as the last resort on any piece of legislation; Governor's views on when to use the veto; Use of the veto powers by O'Bannon's predecessors.
- Small-biz alphabets soup hard to swallow. // Indianapolis Business Journal;01/13/97, Vol. 17 Issue 44, p6
Editorial. Calls for Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon to streamline small-assistance programs in the state. Need to settle turf battles between the organizations; Need for a small-business clearinghouse.
- Indiana's `bill of rights' tame by comparison. Jefferson, Greg // Indianapolis Business Journal;04/13/98, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p28A
Reports on the signing of a `bill of rights' for people enrolled in health maintenance organizations by Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon. Reaction of managed care providers; Comparison of legislation with patients' bill of rights proposed by President Bill Clinton; Requirements of the...