L.A. MTA chief proposes $513 million more in bonds, a halt to 3 rail projects
- Getting there. // American City & County Exclusive Insight;6/ 1/2011, p11
The article reports on the business proposition of the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority, to create the preliminary design for an extension of the county's Green Line light rail to Los Angeles, California, International Airport.
- L.A. averts settlement in another tunnel job. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/15/95, Vol. 234 Issue 19, p15
Reports that the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority has suspended tunneling on a Metro Red Line contract. Effect of settlements on the subway's third segment; Officials decision to prevent a repeat of a 1994's subsidence under Hollywood Boulevard.
- Tax-Credit Bonds Get New Push. GLAZIER, KYLE // Bond Buyer;12/18/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33831, p1
The article reports that Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority of California has initiated a nationwide push to develop a new tax-credit bond program of 45 billion U.S. dollars to finance transportation projects.
- FORGING AHEAD. Rush, Jim // TBM: Tunnel Business Magazine;Feb2013, p4
The article presents information on the tunneling market of the U.S. and discusses several tunnel projects of the Los Angeles Metropolitan Transportation Authority including East Side Access, Second Avenue Subway and 7 Line Extension.
- L.A.'s Westside Subway Clears Crucial Milestone. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;3/21/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33683, p5
The article reports that the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority in California has released the final environmental impact for the nine-mile Westside Subway extension project, which the Metro board will decide on its board meeting on April 26, 2012.
- Denver Transit Chief Named to Head LA's Metro. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;3/16/2015, Vol. 1, p1
Phillip Washington, chief executive of the Regional Transportation District in Denver, was named to head the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority.
- METRO ON THE GO. // Los Angeles Magazine;Jul2010, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p76
The article offers information on public transportation projects of the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) in California including the construction of the Exposition Line, the addition of a car pool lane to Interstate 405, and the extension of the Gold Line lightrail...
- Demolishing roadblocks to rail. Wolinsky, Julian // Railway Age;Sep2002, Vol. 203 Issue 9, p81
Reports on the expansion of a rail transit in Southern California despite political and financial obstacles as of September 2002. Discussion on the issue of right-of-way ownership; Actions taken by officials in order to open a contemporary rail system; Cost placed by the Los Angeles County...
- Metro pushes west as Expo Line opens. Wolinsky, Julian // Railway Gazette International;Jun2012, Vol. 168 Issue 6, p54
The article reports on the move by the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA) doing business as Metro to expand its urban rail network to the West Side of Los Angeles, California as the Expo Line which links Los Angeles and Santa Monica opened for revenue service. A brief...
- Los Angeles MTA hopes interim CEO can help turn the corner. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;08/25/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30216, p5
Reports on Los Angeles Metropolitan Transportation Authority's hiring of businessman Julian Burke as its interim chief executive officer. Burke's career background; Starting salary for Burke.