These are nervous times in Nevada for those who mind the water tap
- Nev. Water Agency in Electric Play. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;8/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31457, p1
Reports the plan of Southern Nevada Water Authority to acquire the Nevada Power Co., a subsidiary of Sierra Pacific in San Francisco, California. Source of funding for the acquisition; Expectations on the value of the company; Significance of the acquisition for Sierra Pacific.
- Nevada Water Agency Selling $200M of GOs Competitively. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/28/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31500, p1
Reports that Southern Nevada Water Authority (SNWA) will price 200 million dollars of general obligation bonds in a competitive sale on October 29, 2002, with the Clark County Bond Bank as the conduit issuer. Usage of the money in capital improvement projects; Advantages of the deal; Previous...
- New $80 million lake mead water intake system opens. Illia, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;01/31/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the Southern Nevada Water Authority's completion of a water intake system in Lake Mead. System's expansion of the authority's delivery system; Quarter-cent sales tax and home builder connection fees as sources of funds for the project; Description of the system.
- Water authority debuts 14-mile East Valley Lateral. Illia, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;05/22/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p7
Reports on the completion of the Southern Nevada Water Authority's East Valley Lateral water delivery system. Other planned capital improvement projects; Water service to be provided to the northeast section of Las Vegas Valley; Pumping stations in the system; Water storage capacity of the...
- Fee may shrink ranks of home builders. Moore, Thomas // Las Vegas Business Press;12/18/95, Vol. 12 Issue 50, p1
Reports that a regional water hook-up fee may help push some housing developers out of town or out of business, further shrinking the ranks of new-home builders in Southern Nevada. $2,900 connection fee to be imposed by the Southern Nevada Water Authority; Impact of the fee on the house resale...
- Clark county faces monumental water decision. Ward, Ken // Las Vegas Business Press;11/03/97, Vol. 14 Issue 44, p1
Reports that sales tax hike could help avoid higher hookup fees and growth stunting `sticker shock' in Nevada. Residents' vote on the sales tax plan; Southern Nevada Water Authority's stand on hook-up fees; Probable effects of the sales tax plan on the water rates.
- Sacred Water. Grange, Kevin // National Parks;Spring2012, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p1
The article reports that the Southern Nevada Water Authority (SNWA) has been buying ranches in the Spring and Snake Valleys, that border Great Basin National Park to the east and to the west, to snatch up the water rights and build a huge pipeline to ship billions of gallons of groundwater to...
- Las Vegas Water Authority unveils TBM for Lake Mead intake tunnel. // Mining Engineering;Jun2010, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p5
The article reports on the launch by the Southern Nevada Water Authority of a Herrenknecht tunnel boring machine in June 2010 for the construction of a raw-water intake at Lake Mead.
- The Public Is Part of Your Team. Mulroy, Pat // Journal: American Water Works Association;Jan2012, Vol. 104 Issue 1, p73
The article focuses on a strategy of proactive outreach which is adopted by Southern Nevada Water Authority (SNWA).