- Energy department's `good neighbor' policy. Ram, B.J. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Jan/Feb1988, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p35
Discusses the US Department of Energy's long-range plans to improve its safety record. It is unclear how the department will meet the costs of cleaning up the environment and improving safety while increasing production.
- The tritium follies. Albright, D.; Beard, J. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Nov1989, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p42
Discusses the shutdown of the three Savannah River reactors near Aiken, S.C., the Pentagon's panic over a reduced supply of tritium, and the steps that could be taken by the Energy Department and the Pentagon to extend the current supply of tritium for several years.
- Stewardship: Don't claim too much or too little. Garwin, Richard L. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;May/Jun1997, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p21
Comments on the creation of Stockpile Stewardship and Management Program (SSMP) by the US Energy Department. Its role on nuclear stockpile stewardship; Energy Department stewardship program on Web site; Test ban of indefinite duration effect on stewardship program.
- Energy-enhancing projects sought for awards program. // Buildings;Nov94, Vol. 88 Issue 11, p22
No abstract available.
- DOE--D.O.A.? // Buildings;Feb95, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p24
Reports on US Department of Energy's commercial buildings energy-efficiency research programs.
- DOE sees life with less. Rubin, Debra K.; Kramer, David // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/8/95, Vol. 234 Issue 18, p16
Reports on the outline of cleanup programs by the US Department of Energy despite the threat of budget cuts. Conference on environmental clean up programs in Rosslyn, Va. from April 24-25, 1995; Line up of efforts to meet the budgetary cuts.
- DOE's partnerships for affordable housing. Myers, Michael S. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p9
Discusses the role of Department of Energy (DOE) on making low-income housing more affordable through energy efficiency and improvement of standard of living. Partnership based on research and local initiatives with Department of Housing and Urban Development; Atlanta and Chicago Housing...
- DOE doesn't have the energy to monitor its affairs. Maier, Timothy W. // Insight on the News;3/10/97, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p46
Reports on the questions being raised by the Senate Governmental Affairs Committee regarding the million dollar losses of the Department of Energy (DOE). DOE allegedly employing poor inventory controls; Statement by the DOE.
- Lab reform stalls. Teich, Albert H.; Cassidy, Bonnie Bisol // Issues in Science & Technology;Summer96, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p23
Reports that the drive to reform the Department of Energy's (DOE) national laboratories has been stalled because of a debate on abolishing the DOE itself.
- The U.S. Dept. of Energy has named Long Beach, Calif. a `clean city' for accelerating and... // National Petroleum News;Oct94, Vol. 86 Issue 11, p11
Reports on the US Department of Energy's declaration of Long Beach, Calif. as an ideal location for accelerating and expanding the use of alternative fuel vehicles. Number of natural gas-operating vehicles in the city; Grant received by the city for the installation of natural gas engines on...