FERC looks to Congress to increase agency's jurisdiction
- FERC transmission pricing policy upheld in court. // Electrical World;Feb94, Vol. 208 Issue 2, p14
Reports that a decision made by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission has been upheld by an appeals court in the United States. Regulation of transmission pricing policy; Implications of decision.
- ISO catch 22. // Electrical World;Jan1998, Vol. 212 Issue 1, p12
Looks at the California Independent System Operator (Cal-ISO) requesting the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission to reconsider its decision to eliminate the Cal-ISO Oversight Board. Requirements of the board by law; Indepth look at the Cal-ISO; Details on the board.
- Edwards dam: A watershed decision for hydropower. Jovin, Ellen // Electrical World;Mar1998, Vol. 212 Issue 3, p44
Focuses on the decision by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) to order the closing of Edwards Dam in Maine. Information on the calls for the licensees Edwards Manufacturing Company and the city of Augusta to pay for the dam; Details on the opposition of the American Public Power...
- Olympic may see dams removed, fish return. // National Parks;Jan/Feb91, Vol. 65 Issue 1/2, p13
Examines a bureaucratic dispute which could determine whether the Elwha and Glines Canyon dams on the Elwha River in Olympic National Park (Wash.) are relicensed or dismantled. Salmon and trout runs; Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC).
- Congress gives FERC budget increase...but. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Nov96, Vol. 223 Issue 11, p8
Reports on the U.S. Federal Regulatory Commission's receipt of a boost in its budget for fiscal 1997 to $146.3 million. Comparison with 1996; Actual budget after counting leftover money from 1996.
- FERC final rule on construction applications. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Aug97, Vol. 224 Issue 8, p12
Provides an update on the US Federal Energy Regulatory Commission's proposed changes to applications before building new natural gas export/import facilities. Issues raised by energy companies concerning the proposed changes.
- FERC confirms new commissioners. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Dec97, Vol. 224 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the confirmation of new commissioners at the US Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) in November 1997.
- FERC starts scoping hearings on Independence Pipeline. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;May98, Vol. 225 Issue 5, p8
Announces the start of scoping hearings on Independence Pipeline by the US Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC).
- FERC Plans Electricity Standardization. // Bank Loan Report;7/29/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 30, p1
Reports on the plan of the U.S. Federal Regulatory Energy Commission on July 31, 2002 to issue a document standardizing the electricity business.
- A gateway to the Gulf Crawford, Alan Pell // American Gas;Aug92, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p18
No abstract available.