Management outline: Becoming environmentally aware
- Once Fleet Street's most feared editor, he now speaks for the countryside. But can he ever learn to be a gentleman? Byrnes, Sholto // New Statesman;8/26/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4602, p14
Profiles Max Hastings, president of the Council for the Protection of Rural England. Career background; Foremost traits; Criticisms against Hastings.
- People. // Pollution Engineering;Nov2001, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p9
Focuses on several appointments of Chief Executive Officers in the environmental protection sector in the United States. Appointment of Stephen Rose as Senior Project Manager in AMEC; Election of Lauren Roman as marketing vice-president of United Recycling Services; Promotion of Helio Takahashi...
- Stant's last stand. Olson, Scott // Indianapolis Business Journal;05/15/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p1A
Reports on the resignation of Jeff Stant as executive director of the Hoosier Environmental Council in Indianapolis, Indiana. Confrontations with the organization's board of directors; Termination and rehiring of Stant as head of the council; Plan to work at the Citizens Coal Council in Washington.
- PE January Poll Data. // Pollution Engineering;Mar2013, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p8
A chart is presented relating what kind of background readers prefer for the successor of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) administrator Lisa Jackson.
- Environmental Stewardship and Streamlining. Peters, Mary E. // Public Roads;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p1
Looks at the topics and issues concerning environmental stewardship and streamlining discussed in the July 2003 issue of "Public Roads." Information on the executive order on environmental stewardship and transportation infrastructure project reviews of U.S. President George W. Bush;...
- Business and the Environment 1984: THE CRITICAL ISSUES. Reilly, William R. // Vital Speeches of the Day;4/1/84, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p380
Presents the text of a speech delivered by Conservation Foundation President William K. Reilly to the President's Round Table of the San Diego State University's College of Business Administration in California on February 2, 1984, which deals with the subject of environmental priorities.
- Green space needs an integrated policy. TRANTER, HELEN // Horticulture Week;9/13/2013, p19
The article offers the author's insights on integrated green-space policy management that green-space manager should implement in environmental-friendly infrastructures.
- How green is your firm? Timmins, Mike // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Sep/Oct97, Issue 7, p21
Reveals the factors which prompt British managers to take responsibility for the company's effects on the environment. Includes environmental legislation; Financial benefits; Commercial advantage; Impact of the selection of materials and modes of transportation and communication. INSET: About TLC..
- Survey shows gap closing between executives and environmentalists. Bloomgarden, Kathy // Management Review;May83, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p32
Reports on a survey published by the Continental Group which shows that business executives in the United States share with the general public a common concern for environmental protection. Belief that pollution control measures have created unfair burdens on American industry; Increased...