How green is your firm?
- Men in green. Guzman, Doris De // ICIS Chemical Business;2/2/2009, Vol. 275 Issue 5, p20
The article focuses on the changing corporate climate of the chemical industry. According to a report, the demand for a new kind of environment, health and safety (EHS) officer has risen dramatically. The days are gone when the chief EHS leader worried only about audit and compliance, and...
- THE STATE OF THE ENVIRONMENT. Rotbart, Dean // Financial Executive;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p24
The article examines the progress made towards reconciling environmental responsibility and environmental liabilities in the U.S. For years, business fought with the government over clean up costs on polluted industrial sites. More recently, the various stakeholders have forged compromises that...
- Europeans get tough on environmental enforcement. Shanoff, Barry // World Wastes;Jan1998, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p12
Focuses on the environmental concerns among European companies. International treaty of 1992; Creation of an information exchange network for environmental inspectors; Administrative and criminal sanctions for violators.
- Pollution preventers. // New Hampshire Business Review;04/11/97, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p30
Highlights the winners of the 1997 Governor's Award for Pollution Prevention in New Hampshire. MPB Corp.; Prime Tanning Co.; Circuit Connect Inc.; Town of Londonderry.
- Toxic problems? What problems? // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Feb2004, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p10
Reports that too many corporations are hiding environmental liabilities from their shareowners in the U.S.
- Be seen to be green. Vincent, Clare // Director;Jun99, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p60
Deals with the pressure on British businesses to protect the environment. Examples of environmental programs adopted by companies; Attacks on corporate polluters; Investments on environmental stocks; Pressure from the government; Advice for companies on how to save and protect environmental...
- Companies turning to `green' policies for a better environment. Gandia, Zoe // Caribbean Business;10/7/1993, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p36
Reports on Puerto Rico-based companies' efforts to protect the environment. American Telephone & Telegraph (AT&T) of Puerto Rico's environmental program; Education campaign of the Puerto Rican Conservation Foundation and AT&T; Insurance company Triple S' recycling program; Coors Brewing Co.'s...
- Mpower ChaMpions. // Wisconsin Renewable Quarterly;Spring2011, p5
The article offers information on the Mpower Business ChaMpions as the first program that assures businesses go green efficiently and effectively in Wisconsin.
- Green light. Timmins, Mike // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Jan/Feb99, Issue 13, p28
Focuses on environmental issues affecting businesses as of February 1999. Includes sources of polychlorinated biphenyls; Environmental performance reporting of organizations; Environmental tips and hints.