Taking a pounding
- Workplace ergonomics. // Workforce;Jan97 Supplement Tools, Vol. 76, p7
Provides simple techniques for lessening the discomfort in the workplace to improve employee productivity and morale.
- Productivity trends in selected countries. Ardolini, Charles; Sieling, Mark // Business Economics;Oct91, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p26
Examines labor productivity trends in various countries. Productivity gains; Industry productivity measures; Causes of productivity changes.
- Productivity trends. // Economic Trends (07482922);May96, p12
Presents labor productivity trends in the United States as of May 1996. Decline in hourly output growth; Categories of labor productivity changes; Slowdown in research and development outlays; Labor force and capital/labor ratio; Decline in the quality of the labor force.
- Labor productivity. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jun97, p12
Reports on the growth of labor productivity in the United States. Year-by-year output per hour of the nonfarm, nonfinancial and manufacturing sectors from 1990 to 1996; Real output, hours worked and implicit price deflator of the gross domestic product of the sectors during the same period; Link...
- Productivity and related data, business sector. // Economic Indicators;Jul93, p16
Presents a chart on productivity and related data of the business sector from 1983 to 1993. Output per hour of all persons; Gross domestic product in 1987 dollars; Hours of all persons; Compensation per hour; Real compensation per hour; Unit labor costs; Implicit price deflator; Percent change.
- Industrial production and capacity utilization. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Mar1991, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p165
Provides the results of industrial production and capacity utilization released for publication on January 16. Industrial production fell in December; Capacity utilization dropped in December; Market groups; Industry groups; Within manufacturing.
- Whose skills shortage--workers or management? Teixeira, Ruy A.; Mishel, Lawrence // Issues in Science & Technology;Summer93, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p69
Points out the need to look beyond worker skills to issues of work organization and management to improve the industry's performance. Clinton administration's goal of high-skill, high-wage jobs for workers; Need for better education and training; Adoption of new management strategies; Skill...
- U.S. labor market weakened in 1990. Haugen, Steven E.; Meisenheimer II, Joseph R. // Monthly Labor Review;Feb91, Vol. 114 Issue 2, p3
Analyzes the weakened US labor market of 1990. Economic climate; Second-half employment decline; Construction and manufacturing statistics; Ripples in the service sector; Job developments by occupation; Employment by age, sex, and race; Unemployment and other labor market problems; Regional...
- Productivity in crude oil and natural gas production. Friedman, B.L. // Monthly Labor Review;Mar92, Vol. 115 Issue 3, p9
Traces the decline of labor productivity in the production of crude oil and natural gas, from the period 1959-1990. Three distinct periods of economic activity that produced different productivity trends; Output; Employment and hours; Factors affecting productivity; Future outlook; Measurement...
- Industry productivity in natural and processed cheese. Curtin, Daniel J. // Monthly Labor Review;Apr93, Vol. 116 Issue 4, p26
Discusses how a rise in productivity in the natural and processed cheese industry between 1972-90 was made possible by sustained demand, technological improvements in manufacturing, the use of computers and a better use of marketing. Output and demand; Employment trends; Industry structure;...