Top job for IAM member
- ABP saves $8.2 million. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Feb98, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the Associated British Ports Holdings PLC's announcement of an annual savings of $8.2 million in 1997.
- Port Talbot Dock is re-opened for business. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;May98, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p4
Focuses on the re-opening of Associated British Ports' (ABP) Port Talbot Dock following its return to commercial use. Information on the dock; Details on improvements made at the dock.
- Immingham. // Truck & Driver;Mar2002, p46
Features the Immingham trailer dock complex. Management of the complex by the Associated British Ports; Schedule of operations; Ports of destination; List of contact numbers.
- APB councel scoop almost ï¿½3m in fees. Malkin, Brendan // Lawyer;7/29/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 31, p3
Reports the fees negotiated by counsel acting for the Associated British Ports in July 2002. Overview of the negotiation process; Concerns over the deal; Structure of the fees awarded to Martin Kingston.
- ABP unveils plans to create Southampton `mega-hub'. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Aug97, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p6
Reports on Associated British Ports' plan to turn Southampton, England into a top rank container `mega-hubs' in Europe. Plan to construct a sustainable creek running around the terminal to replace intertidal area; Addition of more berths.
- 'A Credit To The Fleet.' // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;May2003, p26
Reports on the launch of Associated British Ports' dredging-support vessel UKD Sealion at the port of Cardiff, Wales. Details of the dedication ceremony; Tasks to be handled by the vessel; Key features and equipment.
- ABP commissions new dredger for Welsh ports. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Jul97, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p4
Focuses on a new suction dredger commissioned by the Associated British Ports for Welsh ports. Maintenance of the water at Port Talbot Tidal Harbor; Capabilities of the new vessel.
- ABP expanding and upgrading facilities. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Sep98, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p4
Focuses on a proposed expansion and upgrade of Associated British Ports, with reference to the construction of Humber International Terminal, a deepwater cargo facility to be located at Associated British Ports' Port of Immingham in the United Kingdom. Factors which contributed to the company's...
- New terminal a big HIT on Humberside. Bourne, Larz // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Apr2000, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p15
Deals with the development of Associated British Ports' Humber International Terminal. Details on phase one of its construction; Plans for phases two and three of its construction; Benefits expected from its development.