Mixing work and play
- Cut unkind to chemistry. Aldhous, P. // Nature;3/29/1990, Vol. 344 Issue 6265, p372
Reports that the chemistry department at Royal Holloway and Bedford New College in London will take no new students this October. Latest casualty of the financial crisis in British universities; College is accumulating a financial deficit; Plans for a new bidding system by the Universities...
- ROYAL HOLLOWAY: UNIVERSITY OF LONDON. Phillips, Jonathan // History Review;Sep2001, Issue 40, p1
Reports on the two basic degree programs offered at the Royal Holloway University in London, England. Staff and campus information; One requirement for admission to the university.
- Race discrimination must be addressed. Wood, Tim // Contract Journal;10/16/2002, Vol. 415 Issue 6399, p2
Reports on the recommendations of the Royal Holloway University in London, England to curve ethnic minority discrimination in the construction industry. Need for a wider cultural knowledge in the industry; Importance of promoting equal opportunities.
- Merging history. Robinson, Francis // History Today;Sep83, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p57
Talks about the merger of schools of the London University, the Royal Holloway College and Bedford College in England, pioneers in the development of university education for women. Founders of the two colleges; Description of the architecture of the schools' buildings at Egham in Surrey;...
- Letters to the Editor. // History Today;Apr85, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p61
Presents a letter to the editor on the history of the Royal Holloway College in London, England at the April 1985 issue of the periodical 'History Today.'
- Unseen rubbish stream poses serious threat. // Laboratory News;Feb2014, p8
The article reports on the serious threat discovered by researchers from Royal Holloway, University of London and the National History Museum brought by the thousands of pieces of trash submerged along the river bed of the upper Thames Estuary in London, England.
- Untitled. // Eastern Eye;7/4/2014, Issue 1258, p27
The article offers information on the working experience of British-Asian filmmaker Munsur Ali in a television commercial starring Indian actress Karisma Kapoor at the Royal Holloway University in Surrey, England.
- Work/place: making theatre in new and old spaces. Wiles, David // Studies in Theatre & Performance;2000, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p205
The article comments on the newly opened Boilerhouse theater in Royal Holloway College in London, England. According to the author, that a theater need to have a bigger space for a variety of purpose and thus it should not always be a container to be filled in with audiences. He added that such...
- Virus behind decline of UK bumblebees. McEwan, Gavin // Horticulture Week;3/7/2014, p66
The article focuses on the study conducted by the researchers at Royal Holloway University of London which shows the existence of wild insects infected with deformed wing virus (DWV) and single cell-parasite Nosema ceranae in England, Scotland an Wales. INSET: Healthy honeybees.