Turn learning into earning
- LANGUAGE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED BY OCCUPATIONAL CHOICE. Hilkert, Robert N. // Journal of Business Communication;Fall66, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p41
A prominent businessman reviews some matters of fundamental importance to business English philosophy. This article, which originally appeared in the "ABWA Bulletin," April, 1950, is offered once again in accordance with our policy of reprinting "classics" once each year. We believe Mr....
- A message from Angela Harnett. // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Jun/Jul2005, Issue 47, preceding p1
The article presents the author's perspective of the need to develop oneself professionally. Technological advances in the last ten years have made the learning experience very different. Gone are the days of drafting out assignments and case studies, re-drafting and writing out a completed...
- Double speak. Harding, Maria // Design Engineering;Jul98, p13
Editorial. Comments on the importance of language in business communication. Remarks on the rudeness of the Parisians; Languages that are predicted to be world languages; Language program initiated by the government.
- LANGUAGE MATTERS. Louhiala-Salminen, Leena; Rogerson-Revell, Pamela // Journal of Business Communication;Apr2010, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p91
The article presents an introduction to the issue, highlighting its central theme of language use in business communication and citing featured contributions by Floor van den Born, Maria Isaksson, and Roger N. Conaway.
- IF I WERE IN CHARGE OF... // Children & Young People Now;2/23/2010, p14
In this article the author discusses the importance of language in a business.
- Action Reply. Moody, Michael // Language Magazine;May2015, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p32
The article discusses the use of video technology as an effective tool that can provide objective feedback on the instructional practices of teachers. Topics discussed include the growing interest on video technology among educators based on a poll by research firm SmartBrief, the benefits of...
- If You Don't Use It... Allen, Kelley L. // Across the Board;Apr2000, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p63
Discusses the importance of verbal and nonverbal communication skills among employees. Disadvantage of employees who do most of their work in front of computers in terms of promotion.
- Analysis of Career Information in Introductory Psychology Textbooks: Methods and Findings. Anderson, Shawna L.; Eiler II, William J. A.; Rajecki, D. W. // North American Journal of Psychology;2003, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p257
Presents information on a study which compared word counts of career information in introductory textbook chapters with counts from four career appendixes. Orientation perspectives; Information on the coding procedure;Ways the inter-coder agreement was addressed.
- More on Sea Turtles and Seaweed. Tian Xin // Chinese Education & Society;May/Jun2005, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p77
Presents the author's views related to people who are generally known as returnees from abroad or unemployed from abroad. Reference to the career development of his cousin ho completed his studies abroad and returned to China; Statement that during assessments for job titles, he was actually...