Today a secretary, tomorrow the world!
- The power of the `secretarial' force. // Business Credit;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 100 Issue 7, p58
States that according to the results of a survey conducted by OfficeTeam, executives believe that their secretaries have more influence on business decision which are made in the 1990s that in 1985. Factors which has contributed to the greater influence of the secretary; Comments from Diane...
- Office assistants: Greater productivity, greater rewards? Stone, Florence // Management Review;May95, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p44
Focuses on the new responsibilities of secretaries in the United States. Delegation of authority as a result of downsizing; Assignment of responsibilities as test of manager's delegation skills; Persistence of stereotypes; Guidelines for managers to help their secretaries.
- The explosive growth of the secretarial profession. Falcone, Paul // Secretary;Apr96, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p10
Reports on the growth of the secretarial profession in the United States. Factors that affected the profession's growth; Factors affecting secretaries' career development.
- A bridge to many opportunities. Johnson, Daisy M. // Secretary;Jan97, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p3
Opinion. Argues about how secretaries can use their skills to own their own business. Reason for studying for the Certified Professional Secretary designation; Establishment of WrightPerfect Secretarial & Resume Services; What provides information about developments in the secretarial and...
- Secretarial support to small businesses. // Supervision;Nov96, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p14
Presents information on secretarial support for small businesses. Importance of secretaries; Secretarial services; Cost benefits of using part-time secretarial support.
- `Downsizing' ups secretarial responsibilities. // Vocational Education Journal;Mar95, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p56
Cites an Administrative Development Institute study revealing that 71 percent of secretaries have taken on a wide array of management duties. Percentages of promoted secretaries along with the new duties and made part of the management team.
- Style meister. Castle, Lana A. // OfficePro;Jan1998, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p7
Presents advises for concerns of importance to professional secretaries. Typing names and titles; Sharpening skills in office management.
- Endangered species. Delgado, M. Conchita // Secretary;Oct93, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p4
Opinion. Comments on the decreasing number and quality of secretaries in spite of the growing demand for them. Barriers to the secretarial profession; Need for quality education and training; `Salute to Students' month in October 1993.
- Awards recognize winning student chapters. // Secretary;Oct93, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p29
Announces the recipients of various awards at the Collegiate Secretaries International (CSI)/Future Secretaries Association (FSA) International Conference held in New Orleans last Spring, 1993. Membership awards; International President's awards; International achievement awards; Awards related...
- What to do when you're the new kid on the block. // Secretary;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p5
Presents tips for newly-hired secretaries on how to cope with the work environment. Suggestions by Robin Hicks, assistant to the associate vice president in the Office of Academic Affairs at Arkansas State University; Need to eliminate discouraged and defensive feelings; Setting one's own...