New York City TFA upheld by state court
- Improving productivity within the finance function. Nogiec, Derek // CMA Magazine;Dec97/Jan98, Vol. 71 Issue 10, p34
Cites changes on the function of corporate financial departments. Management of both financial and non-financial information that could affect the company's future growth and competitiveness; Increase in the role of the finance function in corporate decision-making; Use of desktop productivity...
- Worth more than money. // Public Finance;05/01/98, p13
Discusses the role of a local government finance director in Great Britain. Approach need by finance directors to financial strategy and planning; Involvement of a director in corporate management; Sources of tension within a finance director's role.
- Helpdesk. // Public Finance;04/19/96, p23
Focuses on several questions with corresponding answers on various technical issues concerning finance departments in Great Britain. Legislative provisions that cover the role of the probation services treasurers; How to consider a credit arrangement with another company; How to treat costs...
- AND NEVER THE TWAIN SHALL MEET? Falconi, Robert // Accountancy;May97, Vol. 119 Issue 1245, p39
Focuses on the role of the finance department in a company's business operations. Problems in finance departments' relationships with operations departments; Tips on how to improve relations between finance and operations departments.
- The future structure of the finance function. Phillips, George // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Feb96, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p12
Gives prediction for the future of the finance function, based on a recent research and survey of finance staff at large British companies. Impact of stable versus dynamic environments; Characteristics of the finance section.
- Re-engineering the finance function. Bellis-Jones, Robin // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Feb96, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p19
Examines the process of re-engineering the finance section as we move to the year 2000. Cost of the finance section; Need for finance section to become a genuinely integrated part of the business and add real value to the decision making process.
- Finance department fail to harness technology. // Accountancy Ireland;Aug1999, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the findings by research firm Hyperion on the role of corporate finance departments in business planning and analysis in Great Britain. Percent of finance managers involved in the analysis of non-finance data; Failure to use technology in analysis procedures.
- Arkansas High Court: District Can Join Lawsuit. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/20/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31390, p40
Evaluates the revision on the school funding system of Lake View School District in Arkansas. Creation of equality in the school finance system; Formation of interim committee to study the school finance; Role of state lawmakers in the revision of the funding system.
- The finance function of the future: How lending departments are changing. D'Arcy, Mark; Goldstein, Michael // CPA Journal;Jul96, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p60
Focuses on the challenges faced by companies' finance departments in a trend of corporate restructuring and downsizing. Effects of so-called `slash-and-burn' restructuring that demoralized employees; Redefining the function of the finance department; Role of the chief financial officer.