Most bond insurers continue growth; post net gains during third quarter
- Leading muni bond insurers report solid earnings for second quarter. Richtmyer, Richard // Bond Buyer;08/06/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30203, p36
Reports on the financial performance of municipal bond insurers in the United States in second quarter 1997. Profit increase reported by MBIA Inc.; MBIA Insurance Corp.; Ambac Financial Group.; Ambac Assurance Corp.; Financial Guaranty Insurance Co.; GE Capital Services; Financial Security...
- BAM Starts the Year with a Bang, Insuring $866.5M in 1Q. CHIN, TONYA // Bond Buyer;4/4/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33889, p5
The article reports on municipal bond insurer Build America Mutual Assurance Co. and its possible role as a major player in the U.S. bond insurance industry. It mentions that the firm guaranteed 114 primary market transactions in the first quarter of 2013 which amounted to $866.5 million in the...
- Market Close: Week's Competitive Deals Directed At Retail. Bonello, Maria; Flynn, Hillary // Bond Buyer;6/3/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34119, p1
The article reports on the primary marketing of the competitive general obligation deals towards the retail investors due to their prediction of the bonds to come with lower coupons. It mentions that competitive issuances will have more 3 to 3.5 percent coupons that will fit retail and insurance...
- What Happens When Municipal Bond Insurance Companies Lose Credit? Denison, Dwight V. // Municipal Finance Journal;Winter2009, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p37
Third-party private municipal bond insurance companies once insured more than 50% of the bonds issued annually in the municipal bond market. Now the major bond insurers are teetering on the edge of extinction due to their portfolios' exposure to tainted mortgage-backed investments. This article...
- Growing New York County doubles its debt load with new GO issue. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p1
Reports on Orange County, New York's plan to issue $60 million in bonds in August 1997. Concerns about population growth; Population figures from the 1970s to the 1990s; Graph comparing the results of bond issuance from 1991-1996.
- High-yield scarcity helps sale of a nonrated sewer refunding in Alabama. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p7
Reports on the growing popularity of high-yielding municipal bonds among investors. Bonds issue by Parish, Alabama in August 1997; Sale of New Orleans general obligation bonds; Prices.
- The Bond Buyer new-issue calendar. // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p8
Presents a listing of municipal bond and note offerings announced in August 1997. Competitive bond offerings; Competitive note offerings; Negotiated bonds; Issuer; Description; Amount; Financial adviser; Maturing.
- Sealed bids invited. Parkes, Tim // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p12
Presents a listing of municipal bond offerings announced in August 1997. Bond offerings in Arkansas; Connecticut; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Texas.
- Results of negotiated sales. Tracey, Yvonne; Roggio, Lillian // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p15
Reports on the results of negotiated municipal bond sales completed in July-August 1997. California Economic Development Financing Authority; Macon-Bibb County Urban Development Authority; Cohasset, Minnesota; Taxable issues.