Alabama to drop PRAG at end of month
- Legislature is an obstacle course for Alabama governor's bond proposals. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;01/20/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30313, p3
Reports on political roadblocks in the Alabama Legislature facing Governor Fob James Jr.'s borrowing plan involving bond issuance to finance projects for parks, education and highways. Reasons why the proposal may not be approved by the Legislature; Lieutenant Governor Don Siegelman's criticism...
- Alabama Governor's port bond plan derided as `Pure Politics.' Moltis, Jim // Bond Buyer;06/19/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30418, p3
Reports that Alabama Governor Fob James' proposed port bond plan has been criticized as an election year ploy. Funds needed to make the Port of Mobile more competitive; Denials of the Governor James' political motivations.
- Alabama governor seeks $85 million park issue. Gallo, Pete // Bond Buyer;07/08/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30182, p2
Reports that Alabama Governor Fob James is pushing a $85 million bond measure to raise proceeds for an overhaul of the state's park system.
- Alabama. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;09/18/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30233, p27
Reports on Alabama Governor Fob James Jr.'s signing of the $3.7 billion education budget for the fiscal year that begins October 1, 1997.
- Governor halts education tirade. // Community College Week;12/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p7
States that Alabama Governor Fob James has turned down the volume on his once-loud criticism of Alabama's higher education institutions. Criticism of the governor on the state's colleges; Task force proposed by James; Groups that were hired by the schools in retaliation.
- Evolutionary idea. // Teacher Magazine;May/Jun96, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p10
Focuses on Alabama Governor Fob James Jr.'s announcement that he had spent state money on 900 copies of the book `Darwin on Trial' and sent one to every public school teacher in the state.
- Alabama governor drops defense of school prayer law. // Church & State;May97, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p3
Reports that Alabama Governor Forrest `Fob' James has ordered State Attorney General William Pryor not to appeal a federal court decision striking down a prayer law from state schools. Remarks on ruling.
- States turn up heat in debate over paddlings. Harp, Lonnie; Miller, Laura // Education Week;9/6/95, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1
Reports on Alabama Governor Fob James Jr.'s signing into law a bill that promises school board support to Alabama teachers if they are taken to court for spanking students. Renewal of debate over the merits of paddling students for disciplinary infractions in school; Expansion of...
- State reconsiders incentives. Powers, Mary Buckner // ENR: Engineering News-Record;4/24/95, Vol. 234 Issue 16, p8
Reports that Alabama Governor Fob James is proposing that state lawmakers reexamine Alabama's business incentives law. Citing of problems with the incentives offered to Mercedes-Benz to build its United States assembly plant in Alabama; Details of the Mercedes incentive plan; Arguments and...