A Marketing Perspective of the U.S. International Trade Commission's Antidumping Actions -- An Empirical Inquiry
- Anti-dumping Procedures in the EurAsEC Customs Union. Kozyrin, Alexander; Yalbulganov, Alexander // Liverpool Law Review;Aug2015, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p183
The creation of the EurAsEC Customs Union and Russia's ascension into the WTO has led to a radical change in Russia's anti-dumping legislation. Antidumping regulation ceased to be a national jurisdiction and was transferred to the Eurasian Economic Commission, a supranational regulator. The new...
- ANTI-DUMPING CIRCUMVENTION IN THE EU AND THE US: IS THERE A FUTURE FOR MULTILATERAL PROVISIONS UNDER THE WTO? Ostoni, Lucia // Fordham Journal of Corporate & Financial Law;2005, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p407
Focuses on the anti-dumping circumvention in the European Union and the U.S. Definition of dumping; Terms of the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade 1994; Purpose of the circumvention of anti-dumping measures.
- Antidumping and countervailing duties: Protection at a cost. Repp, David M. // Journal of Corporation Law;Fall89, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p65
Examines the economic effects of antidumping and countervailing duty statutes in the United States. US International Trade Commission's (ITC) interpretations of domestic industry; Unfair trade practices; Unfair trade barriers in the antidumping and countervailing duty laws; Amendments to the...
- Hoist With Their Own Petard. Layton, Duane W. // International Economy;Spring2007, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p28
The article discusses how the emerging markets use the U.S.-conceived trade remedy laws against the U.S. It states that developing countries like China and India have used antidumping and other trade remedy laws to reduce the tariffs on their goods and eliminate quotas. Meanwhile, these...
- 89 Chinese factories skate. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;6/20/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 40, p1
The article reports on the agreement of petitioners supporting the wooden bedroom furniture antidumping case against China to allow 89 Chinese producers to slip away from an administrative review list that would inspect the latter's 2010 shipments in the U.S.
- India Launches Antidumping against China. // China Chemical Reporter;5/26/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p5
Reports that the Anti-dumping Bureau of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry in India has decided to launch anti-dumping investigation into the import of ethylene-propylene nonconjugated diene rubber (EPDM) originated from China, the U.S., the European Union and Brazil.
- US Response to Foreign Steel: Returning to Trigger Prices. Dielmann, Heinz J. // Columbia Journal of World Business;Fall81, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p32
The purpose of this article is to examine the legal responses of the United States to the impact of imported steel and steel mill products. Emphasis will be placed on the recent reimplementation by US authorities of the so-called "trigger price mechanism,'' a non-statutory procedure, and its...
- Trade Remedy Compliance Staff. // Foundry Management & Technology;May2002, Vol. 130 Issue 5, p23
Focuses on the creation of the Trade Remedy Compliance Staff to address unfair trade practices in the U.S. Enforcement of the antidumping and countervailing duty laws; Assistance to businessmen; Offer of a user-friendly source of information.
- OLAF FIGHTS OFF ANTI-DUMPING DUTY FRAUDSTERS. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;5/29/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 21, p11
The article considers the efforts made by the European Anti-Fraud Office (Olaf) to stem false declarations of origin used by anti-dumping fraudsters. Olaf met authorities and business representatives of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to discuss the evasion of anti-dumping duties, and at the same...