The technology view: Corporate trust automation
- Monitoring's emphasis on tech gives it business advantages. Zalud, Bill // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov1997 Part 2 of 2, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p144
Cites the findings of a study on technology's advantages for small and mid-sized businesses conducted by Enterprise Group and National Small Business United. Comparison on the profits and sales performance levels of small and mid-sized companies; Higher revenues of companies using high technology.
- Fast packets. // Network World;05/08/98, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p3
Presents news briefs pertaining to the network industry. Details on shipping of a wristwatch PC by Seiko Instruments Incorporated in June, 1998; Features of MagicTalk, a user interface from General Magic Incorporated; Approval given to beta tests by the United States (US) postal services...
- Technology keeps sales people more accessible to their clients. Mirhadi, David // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;04/20/98, Issue 322292, p11
Focuses on the effects of technology on businesses in Fresno, California. Increase in demand for telecommunication services from sales professionals; Features of AT&T Wireless Services' digital cellular phone service; Growing use of the Internet as a sales tool.
- The power of information. Bartholomew, Doug // Industry Week/IW;05/04/98, Vol. 247 Issue 9, p43
Opinion. Comments on the installation of an enterprise-resource-planning (ERP) system in a company. Indication that information from ERP can be used in the business in any number of ways; Percentage of investments in information technology which are designed to achieve a competitive edge;...
- Innovate or else. Birchfield, Reg // NZ Business;Jul98, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p10
Presents the findings of a survey of New Zealand500 companies in relation to how they respond to innovation. Benefits of innovation to business growth; Impact of being innovative on the fortunes of some companies; What being innovative involves; Details on a successful innovation strategy;...
- Exploring life on the MUDs and MOOs. McMullen, John F. // Westchester County Business Journal;7/01/96, Vol. 35 Issue 27, p14
Focuses on the growth of the use of Multi-User Dimension-Object Oriented (MOOs) in businesses. Improvement in development tools; Existence of international cyberspace communities in MOOs.
- THE INTEGRAL REVOLUTION AND THE FIGHT AGAINST THE FAT (Book Review). Headings, Lois // Business Horizons;Spring65, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p104
Focuses on the integral revolution of the business industry. Discussion on the concepts of avant-garde; Correlation between technology and human behavior; Application of skill, scholarship and imagination in relating with the fast evolving techniques of advanced societies.
- Many CEOs still aren't up on the latest technology. // NACD Directorship;Jun95, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p14
Presents the results of a survey on the use of new technology by American business enterprises. Lack of understanding on the new technology.
- Innovative activity and firm size: An empirical analysis based on Swiss firm data. Arvanitis, Spyros // International Advances in Economic Research;Aug95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p316
Presents an abstract of a study entitled `Innovative Activity and Firm Size--An Empirical Analysis Based on Swiss Firm Data,' by Spyros Arvanitis.
- An aggregate indicator for the innovativeness of a firm. Hollenstein, Heinz // International Advances in Economic Research;Aug95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p316
Presents an abstract of a study entitled `An Aggregate Indicator for the Innovativeness of a Firm,' by Heinz Hollenstein.