Eaton Vance Manager turns the tables on sluggish market conditions
- A Lone Star Stampede. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;2/13/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31324, p1
Reports on the decision of Eaton Vance Management to de-register a state-specific Texas municipal bond fund. Merger of Texas Municipals Portfolio with the National Municipals Portfolio; Incentives for municipal bond funds investors; Imposition of personal income tax.
- Eaton Vance to launch first closed-end funds. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;01/25/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30564, p2
Reports on the plans of Eaton Vance Corp. to launch out nine closed-end municipal trust funds in January 1999.
- Eaton Vance funds make money by going out on a limb. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;09/28/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30487, p14
Analyzes the performance of Eaton Vance Management's municipal bond portfolio in the United States. Total investment by the fund's National Municipal Bond portfolio; Return rates of some of the fund's top rating funds; Performance of single-state portfolios; Investment strategies; Portfolio...
- Eaton Vance branches out with nine closed-end funds. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;02/03/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30571, p1
Reports that Eaton Vance Management has launched its first municipal closed-end funds. Ratio of yields on municipals to comparable-maturity Treasuries; Risks faced by the company.
- Yields Mostly Decline in 'Pretty Solid Week for Munis'. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/26/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 25, p11
The article overviews the declination of the Bond Buyer's weekly yield indexes in the U.S. According to Evan Rouke of Eaton Vance Corp., yields will mostly lower in pretty solid week of munis. The Bond Buyer 20-bond index has climbed down to 4.79%, the lowest index since June 4, 2009. While the...
- Yields Rise as Burst of New Issues Outshines Secondary. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/30/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 41, p11
The article reports on the rise of the journal "The Bond Buyer" weekly yield indexes as new primary issuance in the market captured the attention and focus of the participants, and surpassed the secondary market in the U.S. It mentions that the bond yields for the general obligation (GO) bond,...
- Turbulent Market Puts Buyers on Guard. McGee, Patrick; Scarchilli, Michael; Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;12/16/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33434, p1
The article reports on the turbulence of the municipal market in light of the nearing expiration of Build America Bond (BAB) program. Neil Klein, Carret Asset Management LLC portfolio manager, notes the likeliness of the condition to pose an enigma for money managers. Evan Rourke, Eaton Vance...
- Market Fallout Hits Funds. Campbell, Dakin // Financial Planning;Oct2007, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p38
The article reports that risk worries are affecting municipal bond mutual funds. According to the author, these mutual funds are losing value and investors are criticizing portfolio managers. The stock rating of Eaton Vance Corp. was downgraded by JPMorgan. Eaton Vance senior vice president Tom...
- Eaton Vance Hires Two to Help Handle Firm's Growing Assets. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;09/17/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31971, p6
The article reports on the decision by Eaton Vance Management company in recent weeks to named two new municipal bond portfolio managers to help handle the Boston-based firm's growing assets. The appointment follows the hiring of Kathleen Meany in recent weeks as a municipal bond portfolio...