3M's strategic focus
- 3M moving to Livonia. Defendis, Megan // Crain's Detroit Business;09/22/97, Vol. 13 Issue 38, p44
Announces the relocation to Livonia, Michigan of the automotive industry center of Minnesota Mining & Manufacturing Co. (3M). Expected employment anticipated to result from the center; Description of the center.
- 3M planning to build auto technology center. Pryweller, Joseph // Plastics News;8/18/1997, Vol. 9 Issue 25, p24
Reports that the Minnesota-based 3M Co. is opening an industry center that will connect with carmakers in a virtual world. Scheduled date for the commencement of construction; Expected opening date for center; Comments from William Coyne, 3M vice president for research and development; Number of...
- Internalising innovation. Thomas, Michael E. // NZ Business;Aug2000, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p10
Describes how 3M New Zealand makes innovation work for the company. Definition of innovation; Six imperatives of innovation; Foresight; Empowerment; Rewards and recognition; Communication. INSETS: To activate innovation you need:;A matter of trust.
- PAINT, PARTS AND SUPPLIES. // Automotive Body Repair News;Oct2004, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p86
The article discusses products related to automobile industry. A new concept in car care, the glosser is a disposable triceraphilic microfiber that carries cleaners and waxes in the middle layer. This high-tech microfiber removes surface dirt, applies wax, enhances shine and towels it dry. 3M...
- Clean air ahead. // Automotive Industries;Oct94, Vol. 174 Issue 10, p14
Reports on the American automobile industry's failure to lead in the implementation of cabin filtration systems. Japan and Europe's leadership despite Ford Motor's entry into cabin filtration systems with its Contour/Mystique; Percentage of European models which offer the option; 3M Filtration...
- SECRETS TO LONGEVITY. Jusko, Jill // Industry Week/IW;Mar2003, Vol. 252 Issue 3, p24
Focuses on the success of several companies in the U.S. Characteristics of a successful business; Key element of being a visionary company; Importance of innovation in the progress of 3M Corp.; Critical reasons behind business failure.
- 3M magnetic-media line gets new global identity. // Marketing News;8/16/1985, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p10
The article reports on the use of the term convergence marketing to describe 3M strategy to develop an international identity for Scotch brand electronic-recording products. Central to the strategy of the company is the new packaging system unveiled by 3M magnetic audio/video consumer products...
- 3M--Where Innovation Rules. Studt, Tim // R&D Magazine;Apr2003, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p20
Looks at the corporate culture of innovation at 3M Co. Business model of the company; Elements of the company's research and development strategy; Initiatives taken by 3M that exemplify the company's commitment to improvement. INSETS: Profile in High-Tech;Creating a Corporate Culture for...
- 3M: ORGANIZED TO INNOVATE. Johnson, Alicia // Management Review;Jul86, Vol. 75 Issue 7, p38
Features 3M, a high-technology corporation in the U.S. Corporate organization to handle its research-intensive business operations; Programs to improve labor-management relations; Policy implications on management.