Improving pressworking at Metalsa
- Robots: Flexible Automation for a Strong Economy. Vincent, Donald // Product Design & Development;Apr2005, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p12
Discusses the increased use of robotics in car manufacturing in the United States. Advantages presented by robots to manufacturing companies; Automobile companies that have been using robotics to manufacture cars; Machine and process functions of robots. INSET: Running on Robotics.
- Implementing Advanced Manufacturing Technology. Beatty, Carol // Business Quarterly;Autumn90, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p46
Offers insights on implementing Advanced Manufacturing Technology (AMT). Goals of AMT projects; Skill and enthusiasm of technology champion; Integration of systems; Use of cross-functional implementation teams. INSET: A three-year study..
- Old Economy, New Tricks. McKimmie, Kathy // Indiana Business Magazine;Jun2000, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p33
Focuses on the automation of manufacturing processes in Indiana. Inclusion of the use of a computer aided design (CAD) system at Rivar's Custom Show Apparel; Purdue University's collaboration with several companies to improve the flow and efficiency of manufacturing processes; Technological...
- Automatic assumptions. Lock, Geoff // Works Management;Dec2000, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p34
Provides tips on the use of automated handling and storage in the manufacturing industry. Need for managers to understand achievements of the new system; Basic steps for assessing of opportunities for automation. INSET: Agile solution for Agilent.
- Automatic for the people. Bourn, Will // Design Engineering;Aug98, p37
Looks at the advantage and disadvantages of automation in product manufacturing. Cost analysis of the manufacturing process; Things to consider in deciding on automation.
- Networking leads packagers into the future. // Packaging Digest;Aug2000, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p61
Discusses how networking is changing the way the packaging environment operates. Use of software to control the entire package coding line; Growth of thermal transfer printing and ink jet marking; Benefits of automating all factory processes.
- Programmable automation in manufacturing systems. Levary, Reuven R. // Industrial Management;May/Jun94, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p21
Discusses the programmable automation of manufacturing systems. Computer numerical control (CNC) technology; Advantages of cellular manufacturing facilities; Factors indicating the need for CNC manufacturing systems; Cost-benefit analysis of CNC.
- A CAPP perspective. Houtzeel, Alexander // Modern Machine Shop;Nov95, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p72
Focuses on the use of computer-aided process planning (CAPP) in manufacturing. Sorting parts; Power of integration; Learning from past mistakes; Uniform user interface. INSET: What about the hardware?..
- Packagers flock to learn about sustainability. Kalkowski, John // Packaging Digest;Apr2008, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p12
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one about the Sustainability in Packaging 2008 conference and another about the result of a benchmarking study on automation in packaging.