The human factor
- Seat design at speed: Lear goes racing. Pryweller, Joseph // Automotive News;3/30/1998, Vol. 71 Issue 5759, p26P
Focuses on Lear Corp., a supplier of interior automotive systems. What they learned about seat design from Formula One racing; Comments by Lear's James Masters on lack of safety and comfort in seat design; Plans for technologically advanced seating and occupant-protection systems.
- The ultimate seat? D.M. // Popular Science;Nov97, Vol. 251 Issue 5, p53
Focuses on the design of the seats in the 1998 Cadillac Seville automobiles. Key features; Attached sensors; Lumbar supports; Override controls.
- Combining Aluminum and Steel to Produce Weight-Saving, Multi-Material Seat Structure. Barclay, Steve // Automotive Industries;Apr2011, Vol. 191 Issue 4, p7
The article mentions the lightweight rear seat system developed by Johnson Controls Inc.
- Clever new design helps beat the seat belt blues. Sedgwick, David // Automotive News;1/29/96, Vol. 70 Issue 5643, p24
Reports on the development of the integrated structural seat by Johnson Controls Inc. Research behind the seat's design; Expectations of Johnson program manager Tony Kestian for the seat with the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration's plans for industry standards for integrated...
- How to add a THIRD FRONT SEAT. EVANS, ED // Practical Motorhome;Jan2014, p78
The article offers a step-by-step instructions for adding a third seat in the front seat of a motor home.
- Lear opens new Asia HQ and product centre. // Urethanes Technology International;Apr/May2014, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p20
The article reports on a corporate HQ and a Product and Technology Center opened by Lear Corp. to manufacture automotive seating in Shanghai, China.
- Smart driver's seat responds to gestures. // Environmental Engineering;Oct2015, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p12
The article reports on the sensor-based smart driver's seat designed for professional drivers as a result of the joint collaboration of researchers from the Fraunhofer Institute for Silicate Research ISC and vehicle seat manufacturer company Isringhausen.
- Seat time. Pund, Daniel // AutoWeek;6/24/96, Vol. 46 Issue 26, p54
Describes a race-car seat design that helped driver Buddy Lazier cope with back injuries and win the 1996 Indianapolis 500 automobile race in Indiana. Back injuries suffered by Lazier in a crash in the IRL race at Phoenix, Arizona; Cost of the development of the seat; TracTec Ltd. founder and...
- Effects of Vehicle Interior Geometry and Anthropometric Variables on Automobile Driving Posture. Reed, Matthew P.; Manary, Miriam A.; Flannagan, Carol A.C.; Schneider, Lawrence W. // Human Factors;Winter2000, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p541
Studies the effects of vehicle package, seat, and anthropometric variables on driving posture using a three dimensional software model of the entire human body. Seat effects and interactions; Gender differences; Postural adaptations to changes in the layout of the driving task; Fore-aft...