Advanced material for the EV1
- The electric experience. Cogan, Ron // Popular Science;Nov96, Vol. 249 Issue 5, p81
Focuses on General Motors' (GM) EV1, the first electric car being marketed to the general public in decades. Saturn dealerships who are selling the EV1; Test driving the car; Aim of GM to carefully screen its customers to ensure that an electric vehicle is right for them; Price; Recharging the...
- Have I seen the future? Crain, Keith // Automotive News;2/16/1998, Vol. 71 Issue 5753, p12
Opinion. Discusses the author's reaction to his driving of a General Motors EV1 electric vehicle. Performance; Limitation; The benefit of the nickel-metal hydride battery over the lead-acid battery.
- EV1: Shocking the skeptics. Gross, Ken // Automotive Industries;Nov96, Vol. 176 Issue 11, p39
Features the General Motors EV1 electric automobile. Composite body; Seat frames; Recharging system; Low rolling resistance tires; Twelve-volt lead acid batteries; Acceleration range.
- First electric cars go to market in West. // National Petroleum News;Jan97, Vol. 89 Issue 1, p19
Introduces General Motors' assembly-line electric car called Ev1. Efficiency in energy production; Features; Market price; Need of a high-voltage charger lease.
- Look, mom, no gas. Cook, William J. // U.S. News & World Report;9/30/96, Vol. 121 Issue 13, p52
Evaluates the automobile EV1, from General Motors (GM). An electric coupe which will be available from some Saturn dealers in Southern California and Arizona in fall 1996; The car's high cost but low driving range; Features and statistics; GM's plan to lease the cars for three years, rather...
- Driving the EV1. Goldberger, Paul // Architectural Digest;May98, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p116
Evaluates the EV1, General Motors' all-electric vehicle. Appearance; Performance and range; Impracticality of the car.
- ONE MAN'S QUEST FOR THE CAR OF TOMORROW. McKnight, Marshall // Business News New Jersey;10/10/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 41, p11
Reports on General Motors Corp.'s development of the electric automobile known as EV1. Engine specifications; Safety and standard features; Pricing.
- GM promises launch of the new EV1 this fall. Miller, Joe // Automotive News;08/09/99, Vol. 73 Issue 5832, p10
No abstract available.
- Battery failure doesn't dent hopes. Avram, Peritz // Professional Engineering;09/03/97, Vol. 10 Issue 16, p22
Focuses on General Motors' optimism about the market for its battery-powered EV1 electric car despite lackluster sales. General Motors executive Robert Purcell's rejection of notions that the EV1 is a failure; Launch of the EV1 as part of General Motors' long-term strategy to cut its dependence...